Astra Games moving to the Pub Sector

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Reel King

Astra Games moving to the Pub Sector

Post by Reel King »

http://www.novomatic.com/en/astra/astra ... g_solution

Astra joining with Gamestec

can't wait to see the results
clarkey1984

Post by clarkey1984 »

This news makes the baby jesus cry.
deano8177 wrote:When I rang him I asked if I could play any of the gaming machines and he said no cos they keep getting fiddled. Then I said I'd be down soon to watch the football, and that I was going to shit in his urinal.
thecannonball89 wrote:If you go out on a friday night to play a deadmans and end up going out up town having 5bags of heavly cut drugs end up in the brothel, and wake up feeling like shit on monday morning sitting out a p3 dial trying to make bk ur losses of a 5am roulette sesion, your probly a player
:lol:
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

The punters will be listening to the ding-ding-ding-ding-ding from Reel King, coming to a pub near you soon :-)
AMK

Post by AMK »

Oh no. This is like the worst news ever!! :|
tommya

Post by tommya »

they dont work in pubs, the games have been out for ages reel king pub etc etc there all shoved in services.
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Theres never bad news! Just new ways if doing things! I remember the depression when machines dissapeared years ago!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
AMK

Post by AMK »

Yeah we all cried when lineup got chipped. :(
Cutherz

Post by Cutherz »

Both astra and gametec suck, so I wouldn't get too excited. :roll:
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

It's suposed to be the first real effort to cross over to digital and a new era of cat c machines.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

Not really. It's a simple case of Astra hosting bell fruit games on their new cabinets, because they can afford to do so, and Bell fruit can't. It won't catch on. People like to see reels physically going round, not replicated on a screen.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

No pub's interested in Astra shit...
NO DEAL
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

depends if they try something new. anything without a grid of boxes that sometimes go red would be a nice move
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

Yeah, to be honest I would be interested in seeing Astra try and make a hitech machine. But if they're just going to deal in lotecs then this plan is doomed
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Will Astra be making video AWPs (like Juice machines) or good old fashioned AWPs? Like what Mr McStreak said though, I'm hoping that it's the latter.

Am I right in thinking that Reel King is Astra's mascot character? It'll be interesting how they'll implement it as an AWP. Perhaps the Reel King feature could be a superboard or a superspins type set-up on a 2nd set of reels which accumulates on a cash meter. Having said that though, it'll probably be too similar to some Vivid machines e.g. Pie Factory and Six Shooter.
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

Fair points, but I know for a fact than the industry is desperate to go digital. They want to make money and analogue machines just don't cut the mustard in terms of profit anymore. Even some of the big contracts don't pull in enougth coin if it wasn't for the DOND franchise digital machines would have been brought in around 2 years to take over.

Sceptre and Gamestec now have different aims from what they had pre £70 and are happy to downgrade their portfolios in the current state of affairs. Once a digital game performs really well, that will be it and the floodgates will be opened. The fact is, the companies can not afford analogue for much longer, as Gamestecs MD Chris Butler said 'its bloody 2010 for christ sake' Chris has made it his aim to oversee the mass introduction of digital gaming before his reign is over.