You do realise what time of year it is dont you?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

wasps ,yuck, cant abide them. They, on the other hand, seem to enjoy me. I even had one attack me half a mile out to sea whilst i was on a jet ski. What the flying f@ck was one doing out there! I couldnt believe it and was gone in a wild panic even further out at top speed. I eventually slow down and turn the ski round only to see in the distance this little dot charging towards me. FFs i got shot of the bastard in the end but talk about dedication to the cause of making my life as anxiety filled as possible.
Anyone on here met their big european cousins? Disgusting. They are brown and yellow, about the size of a clothes peg in flight, and the diametre of a sellotape roll when walking. One landed on a table outside spoons in Tonbridge and i kid you not it cleared the garden. Nobody was willing to try and get it as it had that look about it that if you didnt get right first time, you wouldnt get a second chance.

The really big spiders you see at this time of year are female house spiders. They are harmless and spend the rest of the year keeping our houses clear of flys, earwigs, and other undesirable insects.

Last year there were only 84 reported cases of them laying their eggs in peoples ears whilst they slept. :wink:
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Gah, not a fan of spiders at all. I didn't have my contact lenses in the other morning and I'm pretty much blind without them. Went into the bathroom and picked up a white towel. Saw a big black blob on it, thought to myself 'what is that?' Put it close to my face to see and I could literally see the hob-nail boots. Hoisted the towel quicker than I've ever thrown something and ordered this missus up to sort it out! I sort out wasps / bees for her, she returns the favour with those invaders from the planet Spidron!
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

Bloody wimps!

No, seriously, none of our native spiders can harm you to a degree, not unless you are allergic to a lot of venom.

I had a False Widow in my place last year. It's the same size as its North American cousin, only the "hour-glass" shape on its back is White rather than red.

I've also got two wasps next to me and though they don't bother me, it does piss me off when I get three of them in the lounge at once. Afterall, I pay the rent - not them, so they can sod off. And they've eaten the majority of my strawberries that I planted. Last year the horses got out and scoffed almost every plant, this year the wasps got them.

I should've just gone to Sainsbury's and got a punnet there instead.

Hornets are cunts.

They got my neighbour twice already this year, and are now starting to get dopey.
mr cheese

Post by mr cheese »

Any gud 4 ya this is my m8 Fred had him 2 weeks now,He lives in the spare room,Wont pay me rent though :D
Attachments
61254_10150267446400571_696020570_14686682_561934_n_589.jpg
61254_10150267446400571_696020570_14686682_561934_n_589.jpg (43.78 KiB) Viewed 231 times
Bang Tidy,Potatoes,Shittiiiiing,Smash Ya Back Doors In....
Mr Move It

Post by Mr Move It »

Yeah, there are loads of spiders round my way too. I don't mind them because they are above insects in the food chain. Without spiders, insects would be rampant for longer.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

This ugly chap fell on my head when I opened my garage door in Australia. He's harmless, but I shat myself all the same !

It's hard to tell from the aspect of the image, but they are as big if not bigger than your hand.
Attachments
spider_canberra_126.jpeg
spider_canberra_126.jpeg (620.46 KiB) Viewed 138 times
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

It's a Huntsman Spider!

In February, I was in Sydney seeing some friends. I met a relative of theirs and his arm was swollen just above the wrist. He told me that he found a very large Huntsman Spider in his garden and was prodding it with a stick.

"Hey! Look at the size of this Huntsman!" he called out to his mate.

Then without warning, it ran up the stick, onto his arm and bit him!

He went to hospital, but was told that the swelling would go down after a couple of weeks!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

never had you down as an alan titchmarsh grant :P ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but each to there own n all that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hey i play with dolls (action figures lol)
Little discipline = BIG issue

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

trayhop123 wrote:never had you down as an alan titchmarsh grant :P ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but each to there own n all that ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hey i play with dolls (action figures lol)

Yes mate!

I managed to tame 2 wild ducks last year!

Me and my mate help out whenever one of us have a day off (not as often as I should) at an animal sanctuary.

We always put any copper coins into a big pot and when it's near full, give it to the sanctuary. Makes me feel a bit better.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

well done m8 , i like to hear stories like that ,,,,,,,,,, people playing their part , giving something back to the community .

all week every day , i put all drink change in the charity boxes , try to never take any home.
Little discipline = BIG issue