Nat West

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
jeffvickers

Nat West

Post by jeffvickers »

They have a new nifty pirce of kit, a new paying in machine that accepts coins in bulk, its like throwing the money into a coinstar, but with no 7.9% commision. You need a natwest bankcard though.
blingking

Post by blingking »

I lost my Natwest bank account a couple of years ago for attempting to pay poind coins into my account? Was told i was laundering money so they shut my 10 year old account down.

I did post on here about it when it happened! And its not like i was extracting the urine as i was only trying to put money in to cover the rent. Cant believe they are now allowing this new method????
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

they will still flag anything suspiciously deposited

it used to be anything over 8k in cash that hadnt been withdrawn in cash..

ie:
you earn loads, say £50k a year and it is paid by your employer into your account..

a) you make regular withdrawals of £300 through the cash machine
b) bills come out as do switch payments
c) other normal usage of the account

if you were to withdraw £300 30 times over a year, that would be £9000, which you could pay back into your account in whatever combination of coins or notes you wanted to (usually a daily limit though)

you could pay the £9000 back in, and other amounts of cash, but anyone paying over £8000 over this amount would get reported to the police, for money laundering... in this case, anything over 17k deposited...

it is my understanding that the limit is higher these days, but the principle is the same..
blingking

Post by blingking »

Well my account was only used to pay my rent which at the time was £650 a month, i used to pay it with coins as there is a sign on the counter saying "paying in coins - no limit" then one time i had nothing in the account and was 4 or 5 days before my rent was due to be taken out, i went and tried to put £600 in coins in to cover the rent, no such luck!Once i had attempted the payment of coins they said i was laundering money and the account was to be shut down if i couldnt tell them where the money came from. Even tried to pay notes in to cover my rent but that wasnt allowed either.

If i lived in London there wouldnt be a problem, is just what you get for living in a shit poor area!

Not had a bank account since!
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

[quote="&quot"]Well my account was only used to pay my rent which at the time was £650 a monthquote]

£650 X 12 = 7800 ....

as you have to show your card it is classed as a deposit on your account,

this figure monthly might have ment you went over the limit of money you could have deposited in a year?

as you cant proove your earnings and have no other income you technically broke the terms and conditions of the bank account... apparently its in the smallprint!!
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

I have 3 bank accounts, 1 credit union, 1 brainless mates dormant card (hes a skint alcy bum) 1 prepaid visa, 1 prepaid mastercard & 1 swiss bank account & a mattress
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Natwest suspended my account because my girlfriend used my card.

Didn't just put it on hold until I provided security info, completely cancelled the card.

Bunch of idiots.
Bored of the grind.

Post by 999329753 »

Sign of the times. Put quite simply, banks and that's all banks are up against the fraudsters like never before and to the ' normal' customer it can sometimes seem they are being overdramatic and block accounts for no reason. All the babes are trying to Di is protect yours and their money. Also, can't see how bank would know partner using your card unless she tried it in the bank?
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

She was making a big purchase (bridesmaids dresses for our wedding) and they phoned the shop for authorisation.
Bored of the grind.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

I draw £300 for a float nearly every Saturday as I run the racing book in the local social club, never had a letter or a phone call ever.
Roulette free since December 2011.
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

yeah saw this in the one in natwest in basingstoke, pretty handy really shame i havent got an account with them, do all natwests have this in them?