Has the golden goose laid it's final egg?

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..

Do you expect your machine income in 6 months time to be...

Higher?
8%
The same?
31%
Lower?
62%

Total votes: 26

sir ratholer

Has the golden goose laid it's final egg?

Post by sir ratholer »

The title says it all really.

Will you be able to play machines for as high a profit in the forthcoming months or years?

There are more players now who are covering a far bigger area. I've lost count of the players I've seen over the last month. And some of these are not averse to the odd dirty trick like trying to get me barred from locations, distributing photos etc. Also, what with pubs closing/fruits not in bookies etc there is less machines to go round.

There does not seem to be any long term tricks on the horizon. And surely with recent events barcrest will be employing a new programming team!

And it is far more ontop than it ever has been before. Plentiful barrings, comments and the like do no favours to profits, or peoples mental states.

Is there going to be a huge lean patch on the horizon? I hope not but feel it could be.
Bored of the grind.
CraigDag

Post by CraigDag »

At this moment in time I would forecast it to stay roughly the same but to be fair, you never really know.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

agree with ratty .

the amount of players is ridiculous , but i suppose they have as much right to earn as we do. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, think about it , if you worried too much about other players , you wouldn't leave your front door in the morning , there everywhere ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, no choice but to get stuck in and compete.

need a new range of early rip high skill playables to emerge and cut down half the players , but cant see this happening again to be honest .

the companies must be sick to the back teeth of us by now , but unless theres a law change to put randoms in the pub sector , they cant stop us....... for now (if randoms do get through , they will seriously be throwing massive staff parties up and down the countty lol)

as long as there's percentage based gaming ,and dodgy programmers , there will always be a way to make money.

but defo agree on the lean period on the horizon , once the current crop of playerbles go electros/aliens etc (1year max).

hopefully something else will appear by then .,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,
Little discipline = BIG issue

thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Its to easy to make money, this money is incredble
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

for now .................

thecannonball89

trayhop123 wrote:for now .................
Yes i see wht you saying but at this point in time i cant think of anyone i no my age who is making more money than me (working) there will always be somthing to play, even if i have to go back to making 60 a day still money in my bank acount evry single week, i do spent alot of money on shit, like yesterday £170 on ugg boots. not for me obvi. but im sure anyone could make 500 a week if they tried hard enough.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

I know that 60 quid a day is a wage but I personally couldn't live on that.

I'm not extravagant but I have a nice lifestyle. My house alone is 900 per month not Inc bills.
Bored of the grind.
thecannonball89

sir ratholer wrote:I know that 60 quid a day is a wage but I personally couldn't live on that.

I'm not extravagant but I have a nice lifestyle. My house alone is 900 per month not Inc bills.
Yeah thats the bare minimum for me i think, i still live at home atm, but i do pay for stuff like sky, fone bill i do sort my mum out money each week. but thats not rent its just to spend on her self. but what i pay is nothing compared to people who have there own house.
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

i NEED , 600 a mnth to survive without any luxuries whatsoever .

150 a week minimum .

crap , i know ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but enuf to keep my freedom from the conventional jobmarket.

wake up when i want (like today at 11am) no pressure to be anywhere at 7am at the beck n call of the man

you cant put a price on your freedoms

ScottyNorth192

Post by ScottyNorth192 »

I recentley went back to work or so from playing fruit machines for over 10 years, I've been able to purchase an Audi R8 and £3,500 per month and currently paying off a mortgage for a 6 bedroom house in Harrogate which has a market value of £1.2m.

I have met many people along the way and the lifestyle you cant put a price on but in order to give myself and my wife a chance in life I went back into work. We were living in a 2 bedroom apartment with 1 child and although we could do what we wanted going around the country times did get very tough without a solid income and couldn't manage to bring in enough some days.

I am very happy with my new job and have put my future in safe hands along with my kids, I intend to work here for another 10 years if possible before retiering away in the sun.
Dave FOBT King

Post by Dave FOBT King »

^^^^ Knob

Post by 999329753 »

With all due respect, I fail to see how you would have been able to acquire an income of 70k+ and a mtge on a property of 1.2 million if you have been playing machines for the last 10 years.

The single biggest challenge for most players , as often discussed on here, is the prospect of finding employment and ' getting out of the rat race'. Fair play if what you are saying is true but just cannot see how it can be.
blackmogu

Post by blackmogu »

999329753 wrote:With all due respect, I fail to see how you would have been able to acquire an income of 70k+ and a mtge on a property of 1.2 million if you have been playing machines for the last 10 years.

The single biggest challenge for most players , as often discussed on here, is the prospect of finding employment and ' getting out of the rat race'. Fair play if what you are saying is true but just cannot see how it can be.
I did just as well/better by starting my own consultancy business.

It's possible if you are educated and kept yourself up to date with relevant skills, which I had the foresight to do whilst I was playing full time. Only a fool doesn't prepare for their future.
"If only there were evil people somewhere insidiously committing evil deeds, and it were necessary only to separate them from the rest of us and destroy them. But the line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?"
redlinesman

Post by redlinesman »

I have just recently finished paying my mortgage off on my property and it has a market value of just under 2.5 million. I also cruise up to all the shit hole pubs in my brand spanking new ferrari so I can sneak 40 quid out of an electrocoin. Oh what a wonderful life......
JG

Post by JG »

Some top boy sarcasm detected.

Let me have a go, I know I'm not a top boy but then if I was allowed entry I could afford one of those new superfast Buggattis and not have to make do with my crappy old Apache z20 series 'copter to get everywhere. Naturally I would have paid off the mortgages for half of Houventry, which incidentally I own as a result of my hugely successful letting agency business. Obviously I didn't pay all the mortgages off, as it's disadvantageous for tax purposes.
Also my Apache z20 'copter did cause a bit of a stir when I landed on the bridge of Leicester Forest East services. I scaled down an emergency ladder into Costa Coffee and took things from there.

I also like landing on the roof of the Tudor Rose to play the Dig it which isn't there any more.
JG