Fire Pubs

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
blingking

Post by blingking »

You want a fire pub, check out the 5 bells in Brandon! What a lovely pub! Unfortunately it's got a chip 1 Alien (Claremont) in there. On top ain't the word! The barman is absolutely harmless but you will only get 1 jp before he attempts to switch the machine off.
I did actually think it was quite funny, from what I can gather from what was said on my entrance is that Landy had done his nuts in the machine making my £5 in for jp even more amusing. His face was an absolute picture when the machine auto paid 70 nuggets into the tray!
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

blingking wrote:You want a fire pub, check out the 5 bells in Brandon! What a lovely pub! Unfortunately it's got a chip 1 Alien (Claremont) in there. On top ain't the word! The barman is absolutely harmless but you will only get 1 jp before he attempts to switch the machine off.
I did actually think it was quite funny, from what I can gather from what was said on my entrance is that Landy had done his nuts in the machine making my £5 in for jp even more amusing. His face was an absolute picture when the machine auto paid 70 nuggets into the tray!
You loved that pub! Shame you didnt video it as he is a prick!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

Post by Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! »

I've just lost one of my p1 Aliens. Gutted.

The Irish Landlord asked my on my last hit if I had a magnet ( new material needed ) so I just said "Yeah, I got it off eBay", to which he replied "Well at least he's honest!"

It had been there a good few months so I couldn't complain. Most definately not a fire pub though.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

There's a Star Wars empire near me, Matt V you know the one, it's the one you told me about the other week.

It's not a pub run by pakistani's, but it's run by pakistani's. Nothing goes on in there without their approval. I have now been told that I WILL be going halves with the ringleader when I come in from now on.

It also has a resident chinese dvd seller. I'm not talking about the guys who go in and out trying to get trade, I'm talking about him sitting at a table all the time waiting for people to come over to him!
Bored of the grind.
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

I think I may know the pub, but not been there for at least three years.

I just wonder if, had you put the same conditions on them would they then scream racial abuse?

On a Fire-pub issue, gotta now be the Air Balloon in Horley.
Scouse tosser that used to run the Brewers Fayre nearby has now got the managers' job for Two For One pubs. I did manage to get a dozen or so hits before he plucked up the courage to re-barr me. (he was accompanied by three others, total muppets though).
Been-Grant-Mitchell'd!

de ja vu but I think I may know the pub, but not been there for at least three years.

I just wonder if, had you put the same conditions on them would they then scream racial abuse?

Scouse tosser that used to run the Brewers Fayre nearby has now got the managers' job for Two For One pubs. I did manage to get a dozen or so hits before he plucked up the courage to re-barr me. (he was accompanied by three others, total muppets though).
Scott

Post by Scott »

Leicester has a very large Asian area(s) you are litteraly the only white person in there, try getting more than a handful of hits in them boozers, been barred and re-barred countless times, you stick out like a sore thumb but wether its rasicm on there part i'm not sure, why is it they have always got playables in? Sods law i guess.
Cobwebs 👆
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Been-Grant-Mitchell'd! wrote:de ja vu but I think I may know the pub, but not been there for at least three years.

I know the guy you mean. He used to be the manager of Willetts Farm Brewers Fayre in Wimborne (Hampshire) before, he barred me for the Shark Raving Mad and seemed to take it very personally indeed.

Funnily enough since he moved up to the west sussex area he hasn't had a problem with me!
Bored of the grind.
toothless11

Post by toothless11 »

On my travels i once went into a pub on the outskirts of Wakefield called the Rose and Crown. I think its en route to heckmondikie or whatever. Well it had a 70 skulls and COB, smashed them both one week and then the following week smahed them again. Next minute the landlord shuts and locks the door and all the locals stand and up and start shouting and pushing me. One local pulls his phone out and says he is ringing the police but then the landlord takes the phone off him, reaches behind the bar and presses a switch (I think for the cameras) and says "I think we can deal with this situation ourselves". By this time my mate runs to the toilet and locks himself in a cubical while im surrounded and pushed towards the pool table. The only thing i had to defend myself was shitty pool cue which i picked up and gripped firmly. To summarise i managed to escape with only a few bruses and my wallet still tightly in my pocket... Oh and a bag of crisps got thrown at my motor as i drove off too... Bonus lol.

The pub looks fairly nice but good luck to anyone who dares to stand in that crazy boozer.
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

I was thinking today about this topic, here's a few for you.

In the spotted dog in dorking a few years back, I got barred from there as I had the intention of playing the spin on it! I didn't even get to put a pound in.

The Lincoln arms in the same town was bad too. I think it's been refurbed now but then it was a bit of a hole. Never in my machine career have I seen so many flies in a pub. Let me set the scene. I had broken my arm badly playing football a few weeks previous so hadn't been out much. I had it pinned a few weeks after so started to go out again, this was on my first day back out. I done the piggy bank and invincible off 25 quid combined for 2 x 105 tops...they seemed fine with me and asked me to change it up with them. As I stacked them up on the bar, the woman turned on me and accused me of frauding her machines. Then, suddenly she made a grab for all my coins on the bar. Despite being in cast halfway up my arm, somehow I grabbed the whole lot of them before her and done a runner! They took photos of me driving off, never understood why pubs do this.

Coach and horses, strood. I had the dubious achievement of being barred despite only just having put my first pound ever in the smash in there. First time i went in there some casual was sucking it to death so
I walked away having not played it, second time my mrs did it whilst i was sitting away from her on the phone (having how to do dig it's explained to me!) and the third time was when i got barred!

Gillingham has some wrong pubs too. Toss up between the prince of guinea and the sphinx bar. Prince of guinea I've seen people walk around smoking
spliffs. Sphinx is the only pub I've ever seen a gun in
someones hand in. It's a Nigerian pub and I was the only white in there. Not nice.
Bored of the grind.
kong

Post by kong »

A few of you will know this pub, currently Smash The Cash and Lets Play Darts. Walked in tonight and watched the landlord run round to switch them both off! Guess I won't be playing it again, volunteers apply by PM, happy to send some "business" his way. South London way.
oldskool

Post by oldskool »

Gillingham has some wrong pubs too. Toss up between the prince of guinea and the sphinx bar. Prince of guinea I've seen people walk around smoking
spliffs. Sphinx is the only pub I've ever seen a gun in
someones hand in. It's a Nigerian pub and I was the only white in there. Not nice.
think i was with glendale in the sphinx (used to be called the viscount) and it had sewage problems. it had a really bad raw sewage problem for weeks, it also had a cliffhanger and some other doable vivid in there. the things you do for machines i suppose.

best one in gillingham used to be the boatswain and call on the top road near the ash tree. people blatently sniffing coke and selling stolen goods. i was making a few quid in there just playing the shitty, non-doable machines for years, as the locals didn't have a scooby how to play them. i must have made a grand out of the homer's meltdown over a 2 month period!! they evetually got a 'decent' machine (pie factory) which i got a few hits out of before being barred and accused of 'fiddling'.

it shut down about 6 months later
Glendale

Post by Glendale »

Is that the one we called the puke pub? Awful!
I am Glendale, much better than you!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Haha yeah the sphinx used to be the viscount.

Boatswain and call was awful, yes, it's shut down now. It had a flash cash in there that I did very well out of, they tried the broken excuse on me in the end but luckily i was on the board and ripped it in front of their face!

I did see the funniest thing in there though. There was a guy who must have been 40+ stone, he fucking reeked and I looked at him and he had no shoes or socks on, I realized it was his feet!

That wasn't the best bit though, he had a t shirt on saying 'i beat anorexia' omg I pissed myself!
Bored of the grind.
luckyleps84

ltimate fire

Post by luckyleps84 »

Have this for fire went to check pub today and didn't even get within 20 yards of pub door without locals clawing at Windows , , , don't have your sort round ere lol