the end

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
jeffvickers

Post by jeffvickers »

moterwayplayer wrote:i have not eaten breakfast in the past 4 years
A Bacon, egg & mushroom sandwich before a pub opens? Surely?
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Anyone who gives spoons credit for their food is an uneducated tramp. It is vile and disgusting, and not worthy of the name.

And it's not even that cheap...a steak and stale pie is about £7 these days - having eaten in far nicer pubs, as well as many nice restaurants, I can safely say spoons offers little value for money and doesn't even touch such establishments.

It baffles me why these shitholes are so busy, they aren't even cheap any more - full of scumbags and they smell of piss. I could open a nice pub in the town, same opening hours, same prices, same food and still old Bob will be in for his double whisky at 9am, Jean will be in for her small cappucino and my nice pub would be empty.

Cold, soggy chip anyone??
Bored of the grind.
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

i think the curry's are crap,watery,the rice is still hard and it has no kick to it what so ever,only thing spoons are good for is a bacon roll n they even get that wrong sometimes
i got more routes than loreal
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

pickareel wrote:only thing spoons are good for is a bacon roll n they even get that wrong sometimes
Yeah what planet are they on with these?? They give you 2 sachets of rock hard butter and expect you to spread it on bread which already has egg yolk dripping on it!
Bored of the grind.
Captain.Tattybojangles

Post by Captain.Tattybojangles »

There are far nicer pubs with better prices as it were! But they are 250 miles away from here so I doubt I'll be going there regularly.
Apart from the steak and stale pie, there's nothing at all wrong with it in there. And it's mostly busy because of the cheap beer, though I'll hold my hands up and say it's crap, and that the Hobgoblin is warm.
Still, the Black Lion down the road has a good menu, like one of those small ones with everything you need on it, and it's all for £6. The beer is good there too! And if you much rather a proper greasy spoon, there's Three Peas in a Pod not 50 metres down the road
GaryChandler

Post by GaryChandler »

If you lot complain about there food so much why eat there!

Post by 999329753 »

Was on the piss yesterday and the christmas dinner witha pint of strongbow for 5.99 was not bad. I rarely eat in spoons but given that something like a mcdonalds costs similar money you cant really beat it.

Cordon bleu it isnt, but cheap and cheerful it certainly is.
milk monitor

Post by milk monitor »

sir ratholer wrote:Anyone who gives spoons credit for their food is an uneducated tramp. It is vile and disgusting, and not worthy of the name.

And it's not even that cheap...a steak and stale pie is about £7 these days - having eaten in far nicer pubs, as well as many nice restaurants, I can safely say spoons offers little value for money and doesn't even touch such establishments.

It baffles me why these shitholes are so busy, they aren't even cheap any more - full of scumbags and they smell of piss. I could open a nice pub in the town, same opening hours, same prices, same food and still old Bob will be in for his double whisky at 9am, Jean will be in for her small cappucino and my nice pub would be empty.

Cold, soggy chip anyone??
sir ratholer wrote:
Yeah what planet are they on with these?? They give you 2 sachets of rock hard butter and expect you to spread it on bread which already has egg yolk dripping on it!
sir ratholer wrote: That's just wrong on so many levels! Was it caked in oil like they usually are?

Does anyone else get this horrible aftertaste in their mouth all day after a spoons breakfast?? Like you've eaten a dead rat?
You seem to have extensive experience of eating these poorly fused gastronomic disasters that only an uneducated tramp could complement? Why put yourself through it?

It is no secret that Weatherspoons is a meat market, particularly in and around large cities, because food and beer are very cheap. The food is cooked by the lowest level of chef who relies heavily on pre-packed kits and timers.

However I still maintain that I often enjoy a Weatherspoons breakfast with mates normally after a session, as I find it cleaner (less grease) than a typical café.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake. WC FIELDS (1880-1946)
mattyboy

Post by mattyboy »

Sorry greasy spoons win hands down, only thing weatherspoons breakfasts have going for them is you can have a pint with them lol
keno

Post by keno »

Majority of spoons food is microwaved euww.

No skill involved as goes to show, a one time order picker in a warehouse is now 'head' chef in a spoons :shock:
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

I've always thought that there's a grey area between the definitions of a 'chef' and a 'cook'. Surely these guys can't call themselves 'chefs' as they 'just cook' (and even that's pushing it!)

Maybe I'm wrong, but...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

They operate microwaves. Thats about it.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Ah, so even 'cook' is stretching it a bit. ;) 'Button Presser' will do then...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

[quote="Matt Vinyl"]Ah, so even 'cook' is stretching it a bit. ]

So that's why they all like the fruity's so much!
sir ratholer

Post by sir ratholer »

Lol, someone applied for a job with my gf's company, she interviewed the said applicant who previously had experience cooking with Wetherspoons.

When my gf asked what they actually did, the official job is 'food technician' but is actually just operating a microwave...
Bored of the grind.