Emptying Fruit Machines - Something not seen before

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
JG

Post by JG »

Hmmm. Probably a wind up, but if it isn't, PLunion, you have probably been a victim of genuine scammers, there are many genuine players/customers who enjoy getting involved with AWP (gamblers). I would not be at all impressed if you pulled the plug whilst I was playing, the fact you have the right to do it is irrelevant, it is UNDESERVED.
I would suggest you DO get rid of your machines as they seem to be causing you a headache.

JG edit: Ok Luke, give it up already.
ob

Post by ob »

lol I don't understand how any landlord with any brains could not understand some people just KNOW HOW TO PLAY A MACHINE WELL, thus they will win of it, if people who DONT KNOW HOW TO PLAY IT were the last customers of said machine!!!

To put it basically for you guys (this is the case only with certain machines of course), when people who are bad/average at playing a machine are the sole customers of that machine, the machine runs slightly below its target percetange payout... thus when someone who then knows who to play it well comes along they can then win on it LEGALLY, which takes the payout back to the stated percentage.

I can understand that as a publican there is no benefit for you from professional players coming into your pub BUT...

THERE IS NOTHING DODGY GOING ON, THERE IS NO SCAM WE JUST KNOW HOW TO PLAY THE MACHINE PROPERLY....
PLUnion

Post by PLUnion »

Thankyou ob, you have finally solved that mystery for me. I do apologise for wasting everone's time. I thought I knew all about the gamblers, but this site has opened my eyes, I may be logging on in future for tips and tricks and hints myself. Take care, sorry I misjudged you all.
ob

Post by ob »

Lol, was I being a bit thick and it was a clear wind up???? God knows with this site these days eh, I never know what to think! :)
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

player goes into PLUnion pub and is barred for playing machine properly.

hmmm........

i know you have the right to refuse admission to anybody except maybe the police,baillifs accompanied by the police and customs and excise/weights and measures etc.

you've come on here(A FRUITMACHINE PLAYERS FORUM) boasting about your poor treatment of players.with your naive ill conceived opinions ,tarring honest players with the same brush as thieving scum.

demanding to have your cake and eat it ,refusing to believe that a machine can be legitimately profited from :lol:

some members have been more tolerant of you in one evening than they have experienced from your kind in a long time.

irony time .............skanky landlord gets barred from fruitmachine players forum :wink:
jesterman

Post by jesterman »

So this PLunion guy believes that anyone playing the fruit for fifteen minutes are up to something?

In that case, you'd better keep your eye on old Bob there in the corner supping his Light 'n Bitter because as he's been there for twenty minutes now, he's obviously up to something too.

You should watch a bit closer next time.
Scott

Post by Scott »

Best thread on here for a long time, a cracking read, shame on all you scammers :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cobwebs 👆
sir ratholer

Re: Emptying Fruit Machines - Something not seen before

Post by sir ratholer »

mitchellleary wrote:Hi all,

I was working as Manager in a pub and a couple of lads came in one day and systematically emptied each fruit machine in turn as if they were playing them

I have loooked through other forums and most people say that magnets just dont work anymore but whatever these guys had it did work because they got jackpot on all of the machines very quickly. We had 5 fruit machines.
Massive contradiction here - one minute you say they are being emptied, next they had a jackpot. News alert - machines hold £350 if fitted with a note acceptor so winning one jackpot is not 'emptying' the machine, merely winning 20% of its potential contents!

Its attitudes like this that really frustrate me - for several reasons. First of all, if your machines are being illegally emptied, you have my upmost sympathy, I hate toolers as much as you. But if they are being legitimately won on (my suspicion, coupled with some slight exaggeration on your part - and your regular's, who I believe may just have had some selective vision) then you are accusing someone of theft who has won via skill and knowledge. This attitude is all too prevalent in the pub industry these days, pub workers should have to do a course so they know how machines work/pay out etc if they want to have a machine on their premises.

As for the PL Union post, obv a wind up but the sick thing is that so many pub landlords think this way. They are so deluded.

Yesterday, I had some bizarre experiences.

First of all, me and my mate were in for a couple of machines in the same pub on our route, both took the piss and we broke even - this didn't stop some random bloke who didn't look like he worked there come over and tell us to fuck off as we'd robbed the machines for £180 (since when did putting £70 for £70 on both = £180 profit??), when we calmly explained we had put in the cost of the jackpot on both, he said how, you've only been on it for 10 minutes - ahem the joys of £1 stake...He called the police who turned up as we left lol, we encouraged him to call them!

Next up we are in another pub, my mate is on the phone and playing the machine - chef comes over and tells him to get off the phone as it interferes with the machine, barmaid backs him up. We were pissing ourselves laughing at him, I told him he was a deluded idiot, since when did blackberry make phones influence machines, my mate told him he'd seen too many James Bond movies! Trouble was averted as 1 minute after that, an armed robbery took place on the securicor van refilling the cash point outside the pub - note to pub landlords, that's a real theft!!!

Had all the heaps turned off on us in another pub (well the only thing you achieved there was saving your electricity bill as we had no desire to play any of those junk machines, and we'd just done the one we came in for!), it's absolutely ridiculous.

Why can't pub landlords accept that people can win consistently and legitimately?

Why can't pub landlords accept that if they put a £70 jackpot machine in their premises, it is a significant monetary incentive to learn the machine and try to win some money out of it?

If I got barred from a pub by a guy who says, look, I know you do nothing wrong and I respect that, but I really don't want you in here, I'd accept it and move on - but when you get accused of theft on a regular basis, police called on you when you've done nothing wrong, being accused of crime just because you're cupping your hands in an attempt to quieten the money coming out etc then it's ridiculous. Part of the game probably, just like the guy who expects you to buy them a drink when you win, the holiday fund comments, etc...but still incredibly annoying.

Just imagine if the tops could repeat to £210...a scary thought!
Bored of the grind.
steveseagull

Post by steveseagull »

PLUnion, do your machines make a profit?

What would your opinion be if one of your 'fair players/locals'
started getting involved in a machine after a few beers? Maybe his friends are late, he is bored, or he genuinely has cash on the hip he is willing to gamble just for the heck of it.

Ten minutes turn into 30 and then maybe more. He is funding his adventure through notes going in the changer.

All of a sudden the machine starts flashing and saying Go All The Way!!!!

He takes advantage and the machine decides to pay him £140.

Happy days for him, I assume a disgruntled look on your face (even after he buys you a beer).

This was a gamble on his half and has taken him 30min or so.

When do you bar him? There and then, or the next time he comes in and thinks he knows the score now and fancies his chances again?

Your comments regarding logging in to find hints and tips for yourself could insinuate that your main gripe is the fact that you personally lose alot more than you win.

I wouldnt hold your breath, all i have ever learnt from here is that online poker is/isnt fixed and that if you dont know what you are doing you are mostly on a hiding to nothing and should keep your cash in your pocket.

There are numerous treads on here shaming scammers and t##lers and people have been barred for discussing these illegal practices.
Have a look . .

If this is the probable wind up i think it is i dont care . . . i am saving for a virtual TVR Chimera.
In Gustavo Augusto Poyet Dominguez we trust.
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

Simply BALLBAG
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Heh-heh!
Just imagine if the tops could repeat to £210...a scary thought!
Let's hope he doesn't get a Poker Face, Let's Play Darts or Electrocoin in there too soon... ;)
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

PLUnion, I can give you Cannonball Kids telephone number and two photos of him, I can assure you that you'll burst out in a fit of laughter if you think he'll be weighing you in.

PM me and get in touch.
HRK
gmckee03

Post by gmckee03 »

Il help cannonball unions full of shit!
trayhop123

Post by trayhop123 »

agree with eddy , top read , but ultimately pointless , the attitudes of these closed minded individuals will never change , we all have a family member (perhaps on your spouses side) you know the one , the one that knows you've been married to his daughter/niece etc for ten + years ,,,,,,, he's watched you come home consistently with profits , but no amount of trying to convince him that your legit will ever change his sad (conventional job is the be all , end all of human existence ) little pathetic mind (he must be fiddling em) .

like ratty says , wind up or not , doesn't matter ,,,,,,,, the closed mind viewpoint is the reality we all face from real landlords everyday .

its gotten so bad , that when faced with the obligatory wedding/funeral etc , and somebody asks you in conversation what you do for a living , its better to lie (not that i will ever ever ever be ashamed of what i do) its just that its tooooo much hard work trying to convince the uninitiated that your doing anything other than a seedy profession in his/her eyes.

mr plunion ,,,,,, no offence but , if you were told in the dark ages , that in a few hundred years we'd be flying in helicopter's and aeroplanes etc ,,,,,,,,,,, you'd be having none of it.

lee
Little discipline = BIG issue

HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

trayhop123 wrote:its just that its tooooo much hard work trying to convince the uninitiated that your doing anything other than a seedy profession in his/her eyes.
THIS COUNTRY HAD WARS, PEOPLE GAVE UP THEIR LIVES, THEIR CHILDREN, THEIR JOB, EVERYTHING TO FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE, YOU WERE APART OF THEIR GOAL, I AM NOW A PART OF THEIR GOAL

WHAT DO YOU DO?

GO AND PLAY FRUIT MACHINES

THEY DIDNT FIGHT BLOOD SWEAT N TEARS TO SEE A GENERATION OF PEOPLE PLAY FRUIT MACHINES, ITS LAZY, ITS DIRTY, ITS DAMN RIGHT OUT OF ORDER ON THE PEOPLE THAT GAVE YOU THE FREEDOM TO DO THIS, THEY GAVE EVERYTHING! U TAKE AN EASY WAY OUT AND PLAY FRUIT MACHINES WHAT THE HELL!!1

GET A GRIP