Stakes delayed, a nervous industry..

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

It's gonna be important that they don't make the new machines default to the £1/£70JP on reset - they should keep the default stake at 50p and allow the player the opportunity to choose to play at the £1 stake or risk losing casual punters altogether.

This is not a good time economically to make people think that a quick punt means investing a pound per credit, when they could be thinking more about a 50p board.

All the articles in Coinslot in the last month or two have given the impression that landlords think that people will be taken in by the possibility of winning £70 for a £1 investment, but that simply isn't true - people are thinking far more about what they can afford to punt these days rather than the potential prize.
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Pubs 2009: Where the price of a game on the fruity is dearer than a pint of IPA.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Mr McStreak

Post by Mr McStreak »

£70 Jackpot, £1 a play.

A concept so utterly out of tune with the current economic climate that the persons responsible ought to be thrown into a big ditch and set on fire. Absolutely fucking ridiculous.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Don't sit on the fence, Rich !!!!

Soooo true.
Roulette free since December 2011.
red22

Post by red22 »

im quite looking forward to the change and also a little nervous dont fancy getting a job if its the end and honestly dont know if i could stop playing em even when i know i cant win. scary times.

i walk away from bell fruits every time and other pieces of shit... but could i never play a fruit ever again despite having no edge ???? i cant answer that
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

£1 a play. i fort 50p was steep.
fruitofthegods

Post by fruitofthegods »

wait wait wait wait.

you do know all machines will be multistake

30/50/£1

you dont have to play at £1.

but playing at £1 in general will mean you win double back than playing at 50p.

its all relative.
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

fruitofthegods wrote:wait wait wait wait.

but playing at £1 in general will mean you win double back than playing at 50p.
Can't see that being the case, will be interesting experimenting with stake switching to see if they have multiple pots, e.t.c.

Probably be buggy as hell, hopefully in the players favour :D
TerryandGaby

Post by TerryandGaby »

As a casual fruity player, I for one would not be risking £1 on a spin. As an earlier poster said, Joe Public isn't thinking about the prospect of winning £70, but winning a few beers with the spare change in their pocket. I wonder what the thinking is behind the stake increase. If turnover is decreasing, they need to be looking at ways to stem the tide, not drive away the little business they currently attract. I would love a 20p/£10JP machine.
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

is 50p / £70 a good or bad thing?
jonb

Post by jonb »

Why don't you give us the pros and cons :)
pokerpete

Post by pokerpete »

don't really know, that's why I'm asking for opinions
ADESBEE

Post by ADESBEE »

I'd play more if the stakes was lower wouldnt mind the drop in cash terms for the jp, at the moment the awp scene seems to be self distructing, pricing themselfs out of the market joe munter would play more , but joe munter is being more married to his wallet more than ever, with current the recession here not so much money to burn so da speak.the industry needs to take good long hard look at it's self.not just pricing and jp increases, but the programming no skill anymore,they need to make the games entertaining to bring back joe munter, lowered stakes and jp £30 quid no more, that way it would not cost £300 or £400 quid just for a streak, dodgy that,, or for that matter £400 quid for one flat jp..which as we all know can true..
SHE IS AN UGLY FUCK FACE PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!
HorseRacingKing

Post by HorseRacingKing »

The players are getting what they want but are the public? and the main profitable consumer base is the general public, so why endanger your business for the sake of a jackpot increase, tbh i think the general public go off fruit machines and a raise in stake will tempt them all back in again maybe this time the public went off machines quicker than before, the £25 > £35 was a minimum of 5 years surly? It can only have been 3 years since we seen the £35 in, there has to be a con in here somewhere because it can't be cheap to manufacture new machines especially in this period and the big external factor that damaged a lot of pubs and machine manufactures was the political and economical factors - THE SMOKING BAN