5p / £5 machines

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
e4ans

5p / £5 machines

Post by e4ans »

Where did they all go? Ive seen them at seasides but a few years ago all high street arcades had some that alot of people like myself played for fun to kill half an hour or so as the coin op arcade games had been killed by the original playstation. Sometimes its nice just to have a bit of quick entertainment not really expecting to make much
Fruiter

Post by Fruiter »

Our local has loads of £5 machines but they are all 10p play and mostly crap, nothing these days can just be played for fun, even those £5 JP machines take £40+ before offering more than a quid or 2 and then streak for £30, it's all just a way of the operators having bigger payouts while avoiding the license fees.

IMO the gambling comission have killed the industry by changing the catagories of gaming machines, the license fees for any machine over £5 (upto £35) is set at a yearly fee (just under a grand per m/c IIRC) but any machine £5 or under doesn't require an individual license, so all the £6/8/10 machines that used to provide entertainment aren't worth siting as the operators can site a £35 JP machine for the same price!

Before the change our local had machines like Crystal maze, Andy Capp, Jewel in the crown, Cash Lines and loads of other machines on £6\8 JP which they've now swapped for license free £5's and doubled the stake, making a much crapper game!!

(rant over)
refillkey

Post by refillkey »

check the bowling alleys mate theyre rammed with them.
agora in lewisham has a few £5 jp's
arabian nights
mario 64
spotted dick
hot wheels
and 2 others
prizeguy

Post by prizeguy »

hot wheels!!! wish still had one of them local, used to love that machine could be a good streaker if going past the 60p block with ease youre laughing just like cash lab and pac man but better in my opinion. Spotted dick could streak good but a very boring machine
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

Hot wheels is unchippd? yeah spotted dicks are good get your pot and a few reps then play with 10ps to get a nudge evry cred for let em spins, lovly 20 raise,
anfield road

Post by anfield road »

cannonball the unchipped hot wheels near me house is opne again now!! you love them dont ya lol
justice For The 96
pager

Post by pager »

Just out of interest,I came accross a GG on 20p play £5 JP in the area where kids and all can play yesterday,is this legal does anyone know?

Steve
The Beast Is Gonna Pay...
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i'm sure it is'nt .
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

anfield road wrote:cannonball the unchipped hot wheels near me house is opne again now!! you love them dont ya lol
£100 is £100 lol
Nixxy

Post by Nixxy »

mr lugsy wrote:i'm sure it is'nt .
I have a horrible feeling it IS legal .... as much as I wish it wasn't!
This machine may at times offer a choice where the player has every chance of bankruptcy
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

5 pound 10p stake max ,i think ,but there are so many people who have multi stake games on 5 pound jpts in their f.e.c's(rockstars,4 reelers etc) and they aint bothered. if it takes tokens lol it's o.k :D