Mad Money Monster Updates

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
peter.clayton

Mad Money Monster Updates

Post by peter.clayton »

Thanks for your help so far guys, we've hopefully listened to what you have had to say and have released another Beta version. You can play on it now by logging into unionjackpots.com and the following has been added.

Same number hi/lo problem fixed
Avoid 'Countdown' if player has 0 nudges
Nearest win bug fixed
Nearest win hint incorporated (to overcome the lack of visibility of the other reels)
£0 win on prize belt fixed
Let 'em Spin incorporated
Hold After Nudge frequency increased
Added Extra doesn't now block feature board
Added Extra now times out
Prize Belt now times out
Money Multiplier now times out
Extra Level knockout lamp now goes out when used in Zones

We are also looking at slowing down a couple of skill features, possibly. Can't be too easy though!
extremeunction

Post by extremeunction »

Why no mention of other changes..?

such as stop and step no longer goes back to the board if no win is achieved?

why did you change that?
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

5 minutes in and get an error after lower than 7 for 7 ?

did manage to get l.e.s for blues that went lower on the 8 (you seem to get an 8 alot) for a board that gave top zone with 2 knockouts :x and killed lol.
Barry Trotter

Post by Barry Trotter »

I don't get it...
There are still sp many things wrong with this game.
The TAXI is still woefully difficult to understand where you're supposed to be aiming for.
Nudging to three numbers (which SHOULD have added up to EXTRA LIFE) only put my in with START. This is BASIC fruit machine programming! Come on guys!
I got holds after nudging (which should have given let 'em spin to three £'s), and nothing happened - just did a normal spin. When you do get Let 'Em Spin - it doesn't offer holds.
If you light the top level, you can still get LIGHT LEVEL from shots in lower zones - they should be knocked out.
What on earth is Stop ' Step all about? £1.60? From a feature on the top level? Why change it from what everyone knows it to be?
There are just so many basic still things wrong. I can't get my head round why you would try and reproduce a traditional fruit machine if the people developing it have no grasp of the basics.

Still, gfx and sounds are good!!

I've stopped playing again now.
:(
sausagefingaz

Post by sausagefingaz »

I played 2 boards and this is my experience:

Got JP first board, the next board cost precisely £15 :( .
I then quickly got LES on JP symbols which didnt come in (landed one away) and then the whole thing froze.

Close but no cigar.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Boo. I was £200 up on stop n step after about three hours. Lower than a 7 for another 7 still there.
Roulette free since December 2011.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

let em spins you have to hold for the win:

oither stuff i mentioned was this lot, not all of it is fixed yet..

---------------------------------------
every now and again, if you hold two reels and spin the 3rd, the whole screen freezes

hi lo gamble is fucked up.. hi on 9 and 10 works and lo on 4 3 2 works too often then next gamble spins same number for the lose

count down when no available nudges or shots
jackpot should auto collect on bonus ladder

enough nudges for jp but no auto nudge

nearest win dosent hint, and no viewable reels
nearest win doesnt make sense it doesnt step to the nearest win??

when the last feature on a zone is rewarded it looks like it haseliminated everything on the row

superhold jp- no repeat chance
superhold crashes if you have held all three on a non winning line and canceled, then held two matching symbols and the third steps onto the line. it collects the win, then crashes

reel magic slowdown? pointless feature, 1 reelblast....

once all zones are active, light zone squares are still active on the knock outs.. waste of a konckout to eliminate something already active?

possible to win 0 on prize belt, crashing game software.

number run with enough numbers for extra life only lit to light level and didnt activate bonus

nearest win jackpot doesnt offer repeat

skillstop too fast

stop and step doesnt cancel board entry if no win. easy setup for jp

no limit on credit bank?

no hold after nudge doesnt work right, why hold for the win, it should be spin for the win

let em spin?

trail held on 4 but no re-bonus
bonus reel time stopped on no numbers but no bonus

skill nudge far too fast

bonus added extra, 1 add 2, doesnt roll along, changes, and blatently blocks boards

selecta and stoppa bonus can only go to feature entry and not above

number reel only active in view when needed for feature?
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

you cant cancel your nudges when you are mid feature, this is annoying
HornyNick

Post by HornyNick »

PLEASE lads!! Can we please have the standard keyboard shortcuts the emulations use?

i.e

1,2,3 - Hold 1,2,3
space - start
e - exchange
s - take shots
n - take nudges

etc.

These are all nice n easy and very convenient to use.
Sex is not the answer.
Sex is the question.
"Yes" is the answer!
Barry Trotter

Re: Mad Money Monster Updates

Post by Barry Trotter »

peter.clayton wrote: Let 'em Spin incorporated
Hold After Nudge frequency increased
These are the same thing... From having played the game last night, it seems you think they are different...
alcozar

Post by alcozar »

Sounds like this is a long way off being released to the public.
Matt Vinyl

Post by Matt Vinyl »

Thanks for the update. I've not given it a try yet as it does still sound like there's a lot of fixes needed. :(

Just remember that 'us lot' (the 'customers') are going to be very, very picky when we examine your product - especially where claims are made that the software is to be 'exactly' like that which we would find in our local pub.

I will say though, that there is a hell of a lot involved in developing a playable, realistic fruit 'simulation'. On the face of it, it just appears as a 'single screen' game, no-where near as complicated as some of the puzzle games you can get nowadays. There's a bloody lot that goes on under the bonnet however that needs to be put together 'just right'. Miss it by a tad, and the user will see it sticking out like a sore thumb... :(

Keep it up, you 'will' get there...
"And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

i just had another go,got 3 quick jpts (no repeats :x )thanks to the 15 now available on top zone......................................then it froze!

i quite like the 10 from light level to next light level that it seems to like giving and the fact that boost has always given me a board.

i do think though that if you make a game that looks alot like pcb people expect it to do the same stuff.

the constant errors are making this less enjoyable to piddle about with.
Spyder

Post by Spyder »

lugsy, i dont thing the % settings are set to "play" mode, i think maybe the beta version doesnt incorparate what we call a accumalative % pot...

so jps after jp after jp come through and the 10 10 10 boards happen way more than they should

also, i think the "machine" is incapable of looking more than a few moves ahead of itself, as it will let you have high wins once you prise them in, but not how you could or would on say a read red gaming machine??

dunno how much sense that makes?

mr lugsy wrote:i just had another go,got 3 quick jpts (no repeats :x )thanks to the 15 now available on top zone......................................then it froze!

i quite like the 10 from light level to next light level that it seems to like giving and the fact that boost has always given me a board.

i do think though that if you make a game that looks alot like pcb people expect it to do the same stuff.

the constant errors are making this less enjoyable to piddle about with.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

It's easy to read than the Daily Star !

The real thing will probably pay about 90% and be very flat.

Maybe someone will get a repeat as well !!!!!
Roulette free since December 2011.