Strimming

General fruit machine related chat, if it doesn't fit another category discuss it here..
CraigDag

Strimming

Post by CraigDag »

Caught a bloke called gibbo up in edinburgh strimming fag m/c's, one pocket full of fags, the other full of coins!
bigv038

Post by bigv038 »

Sounds a nice bloke! :roll:
danthedude66

Post by danthedude66 »

thought strimming involved a note exceptor
i hate swede
harry2

Post by harry2 »

4.) Illegal Methods. Under no circumstances may you post about making money from machines using illegal methods. This includes, but is not limited to, vandalising machines and breaking into them (known as tooling). Any mention of this type of activity will be frowned upon, your post will be deleted and at the discretion of the administrator you may be banned.
Roulette free since December 2011.
thecannonball89

Post by thecannonball89 »

harry2 wrote:4.) Illegal Methods. Under no circumstances may you post about making money from machines using illegal methods. This includes, but is not limited to, vandalising machines and breaking into them (known as tooling). Any mention of this type of activity will be frowned upon, your post will be deleted and at the discretion of the administrator you may be banned.
Tooling is a big issue in the playing world, as this is a fruitmachines message board it should be talkd about.
pickareel

Post by pickareel »

ill take the lamberts off his hands,2.50 a pack
i got more routes than loreal
CraigDag

Post by CraigDag »

OOooopppssss, my bad!
mr lugsy

Post by mr lugsy »

thecannonball89 wrote:
harry2 wrote:4.) Illegal Methods. Under no circumstances may you post about making money from machines using illegal methods. This includes, but is not limited to, vandalising machines and breaking into them (known as tooling). Any mention of this type of activity will be frowned upon, your post will be deleted and at the discretion of the administrator you may be banned.
Tooling is a big issue in the playing world, as this is a fruitmachines message board it should be talkd about.
i can see where your coming from jack but...... i am concerned about people reading these posts and then taking the passtime up for themselves ,there's enough of it about already don't you think?
keeping it off the public board is beneficial to players.

there's nothing to stop p.ms between like minded people for these discussions.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

thecannonball89 wrote:

PM admin (Mike) and ask if he would consider changing the rules. He is the one that pays for this site out of his own pocket !!
bigpokercouk

Post by bigpokercouk »

I do understand this point about not discussing the issue on public forums but im someways it makes it look worse from the outside. Ive spenty my life playing trying to explain to people what I do is knowledge and skill, nothing illegal.

I dont tool, dont like toolers and wish they would all get nicked. Some discussion within reason on this board may help that process.

I do however respect the decision of the mods, after all it is your board. I will make sure I never discuss any issues about the subject again. Hopefully this thread will be locked now but I wanted to express my thoughts.
Right so the plug on the left is the cash attack and the other is the karaoke? ok..

NOW!
CLUNK!
SILENCE, Drink up we're leaving!!
JG

Post by JG »

That's fair enough, to be honest I meant to PM Mike about it and see if we could ammend that rule.

I lost £200 on one HOF over two sessions. Now these can be dead, but loss minimisation is order of the day. This one was proper dead, small DOND wins never repeating and no boxes. I am now more wise, but it was basically playing like an unchipped Power5. £16 for a board ON BLUE! and as it was as flat as could be, quite a job to get anywhere.

I Pmd another member (respected) and he suggested it may be a form of 'LooTing' which could knock back the %

In this case the other players pay for stolen %, not the operator.

Still almost as corrupt as on line poker.
DildoDez

Post by DildoDez »

danthedude66 wrote:thought strimming involved a note exceptor
nah strimming has been around for years and years! You can strim a coin mech as well.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

Strimming means different things to different people. The old metal slots could be fooled by bending some Flymo strimmer wire to a certain shape to clock up free credits. Hence strimming !!. Oops, now I've broken the rules.
Scott

Post by Scott »

harry2 wrote:Strimming means different things to different people. The old metal slots could be fooled by bending some Flymo strimmer wire to a certain shape to clock up free credits. Hence strimming !!. Oops, now I've broken the rules.

Thats what a mate of mine says everyone used to do years ago, he says it was hard work finding a machine with any money in it whatsoever, he also says you could wrap a 10p in masking tape then cut the corners off into the shape of a 50p (something along these lines) and the machine would clock up 50p worth of credits for 10p, seems like a lot of work nowadays but back then 50p was worth more.
harry2

Post by harry2 »

10p with surgical tape around worked in primitive 50p slots. Either gave 5 x 10p change or 2 plays and 40p change.