Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hang Man Saloon

Quote Originally Posted by Sloach View Post
    are there still enough machines around for you guys?
    Not really no. Wouldn't surprise me if there werent any at all this time next year!

What you going to do once it ends?

Error
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJK5j5OZzKk[/url] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kutE24zF56U[/url]

I'm not particularly far from retiring age and as I don't smoke, drink, go to restaurants, cinema etc, have a 10yr old car, no television / Sky, never take holidays and importantly free of a mortgage can happily (probably the only person who can) live in this situation. My major interest is running and is relatively cheap (no I don't do Park Runs every week, I'm not that bloody tight).I have a role (non-committee) at the local athletic club that involves cajoling athletes to run, transportation to races, race reports on website and Hampshire League Meetings so I don't get bored. Quiz machines are my only source of income. Yes my reserves are dwindling but as long as I live like a monk and continue to be frugal money worries? No not particularly. If the definition of a pro is main source of income without claiming benefits that's me, if it's actually making and accumulating money month on month then very definitely not!

are there still enough machines around for you guys? I was in Leeds recently and I saw no more than 7 in the city centre including a shitty Open and the only quiz machine in any of the wetherspoons was jammed behind a table which was in constant use all day.If that's what Leeds is like I imagine it's pretty dismal elsewhere
    Yeah Leeds used to be a goldmine centrally...not so much nowadays.

That said go north of the centre towards Headingley and you've got a good stretch of 6-7 pubs that all as it stands still have a machine.

Tend to find that in a lot of cities now...avoid the centres and head for the suburbs particularly where there's a good student area and you can at least amuse yourself for an hour with a paragon or two.

What you going to do once it ends?
    Done plenty before quizzers, during and no doubt after. Doubt I'll be posting my future plans to a bunch of anonymous strangers on a messageboard...
    Mind you, whatever happens, the notion of walking out of a pub with more money than you went in with has been an absolute fkin joy!

As I'm the one member who isn't anonymous Paragoon, easily located by Mr Google, you can tell me your future plans, I won't tell, honest!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SoccerHQ View Post
    Yeah Leeds used to be a goldmine centrally...not so much nowadays.

That said go north of the centre towards Headingley and you've got a good stretch of 6-7 pubs that all as it stands still have a machine.

Tend to find that in a lot of cities now...avoid the centres and head for the suburbs particularly where there's a good student area and you can at least amuse yourself for an hour with a paragon or two.
    Yeah I know the ones you mean. I've never been in but they looked promising whenever I've driven past. The Wetherspoons a mile or so out the centre has a gamesnet and there's at least one in the Kirkstall road cinema/ entertainment park. I know of 3 Paragons in the centre as well if you need locations I won't be back any time soon

Yeah I know the ones you mean. I've never been in but they looked promising whenever I've driven past. The Wetherspoons a mile or so out the centre has a gamesnet and there's at least one in the Kirkstall road cinema/ entertainment park. I know of 3 Paragons in the centre as well if you need locations I won't be back any time soon
    Only if they have the demised Footy Quiz still on (Issue 32) so probably not!

Know most of Leeds apart from the Seacroft/Roundhay area which I've never frequented. Saville's backyard I believe....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12