Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 57

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 57
nextgen

Thread: nextgen

nextgen

3 more agonising days to go lol
    Little discipline = BIG issue

What's that for?

Ps4 anouncement hopefully

there's a few websites that are apparently official sony partners for the announcement ,,,,,,,, with "LIVE" video streams of the event ,,,,,,,,,, playstation universe (PSU) is one of em

11pm gmt

thing is , i dont think theres any indication of who's gonna win the next gen war, no matter the specs all the console manufacturer's put out

in fact believe it or not , you may already own ps4/nextbox whatever , ,,,,,,,,, within your ps3 / laptop or phone etc and just dont realise it.

why ? ,,,,,, gaikai

gaikai is a service provider sony bought out last year , and its something thats gonna factor into ps4 , and possibly even sony's tv's without the need for a console altogether .

its basically the netflix of gaming ,,,,,,,,,, games are streamed via the web . ,,,,,,,,,,, so your home hardware spec is redundant , it can simply be built into your smart tv ,,,,,,,, and the only thing you need buy is the controller .

this approach is already up and running with a service called onlive , ,,,,,,,,,,,,, but right now the uk web speeds are still toooo slow ,,,,,,,,, by the time you press a button on your controller , it has to upload from your house across the web to a server that hosts the game , ,,,,, react ,,,,,, then the result has to be sent back down to you and displayed on your tv ,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,, so obviously right now the system suffers from lag

but speeds will change over the coming years , and this will be the future delivery system like it or not ,,,,,,,,,, subscription based ''netflix type'' gaming will become the standard .

maybe not with playstation 4 ,,,,,im sure like the vita you will still have the option of digital downloads or physical media ,,,,,,,,,maybe we are still one gaming generation away ,,,,,,, but i cant see there ever being a playstation 5 ,,,,,,, by then it will be built in to your tv , requiring no extra specific hardware either ,,,,,,,, just fast internet.

for me personally , i hate it ,,,,,,,,,,, when i buy a physical copy of a game and finish it , i have options to trade it in or sell it etc ,,,,,,,,,, so i dont want digital distribution to take over fully ,,,,,,,,,, but tough shit i guess , ,,,,, its coming so we may as well embrace it.

physical media as an entertainment delivery system is dead and outdated,,,,,,,,, just look at hmv/blockbuster/game for proof .

just like the ipod/mp3 download services killed music retail .

hey im just as excited as anyone to see the ps4 and microsofts offering ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but i think they will be the last machines we will ever see requiring more power than a wi-fi connection in the box.

thoughts anyone ????

Think your right. Todays the day.

well killzone shadow fall , ,,,,,,,,,, looked graphically better than anything ive ever seen

day 1 purchase for me

When's the Acorn Electron 2 out then?
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJK5j5OZzKk[/url] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kutE24zF56U[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by trayhop123 View Post
    3 more agonising days to go lol
    All that excitement to see the playstation 4 controller lol
    Enjoying life to the max!

I'll be back

When's the Acorn Electron 2 out then?

Official release date is April 1st, so still a while. Personally I'll be keeping my eyes open for the Atari 801XL PLUS released with the super kong bundle,
    JG

Quote Originally Posted by JG View Post
    Personally I'll be keeping my eyes open for the Atari 801XL PLUS released with the super kong bundle,
    Sounds ace!

Watch dogs looks awesome think i will be getting one