Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 77

Thread: Pay Day Loans

  1. #31
    Mr McStreak
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by trayhop123 View Post
    i havent been tarnished from the sting of the relentless emotional roller coaster that the saddict has to endure .
    Thats where you have labelled gamblers as saddicts.

    Maverick made a good point, even playing machines professionally IS a gamble. We have a greatly enhanced chance of winning but it is still not without a small risk of losing, therefore it is gambling, whether you like it or not.

  2. #32
    Mr McStreak
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sausagefingaz View Post
    I find of lot of the adverts for online gambling unpleasant. Does anyone remember the one for William Hill bingo, where a woman was telling lies to her husband to get him out of the house so she could play bingo in secret? It always annoyed me but was pulled by the asa for depicting a gambling addiction.
    It is worth looking at asa.org.uk and searching for gambling as there are loads of upheld complaints tHat make interesting reading. Can't post a link as I haven't figured out the iPad yet.
    I've just had a look on that website, very interesting a lot of it.

  3. #33
    Senior Member BFK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Anywhere In The UK
    Posts
    3,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McStreak View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Jesus wept.

    If you can't see how your comments are narrow-minded then you are either thick or on the wind-up. The fact you have referred to people who gamble as saddicts is narrow-minded in itself. Allow me to attempt to convey my sentiments in simple terms for you.

    You say your comments are from the mind of a non-gambler. Therefore you have stated that you see it from one perspective only, and not from every angle. This view is N-A-R-R-O-W M-I-N-D-E-D. You then state that as a non-gambler you present a voice of reason. I must admit my eye rolled when I read that. Its not a voice of reason is it? It is the opinion of someone who has pigeon-holed everyone who likes to bet, and labelled them as saddicts.

    When I walk into a betting shop I don't regard every customer as someone who has a gambling problem, I first regard them as human beings who like to wager money on the outcome of sporting or non sporting events.

    Branding gamblers 'saddicts' is likely to offend 99% of the people on here, and a huge majority of the population. If someone is sat in the pub with a pint in his hand does it mean they are an alcoholic? By your logic it does.

    Much of what you say is narrow minded and judgemental. It's as simple as that.

    You might describe yourself as a comic enthusiast who has a particular interest in Superman, and a collector of related memorabilia.

    A narrow-minded person, with no interest in comics etc might refer to you as a weirdo in his 40's who still reads comics and plays with kids Superman toys. Me, as a broad minded person, would probably say don't knock it til you've tried it.

    Do you see where I am going with this?

    I've met you once in real life, you seemed like a decent enough person, and I stand by my initial judgement. However, online you come across as a complete cunt.
    I'm sorry Lee, but that's one of the best responses I've ever read on here!
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJK5j5OZzKk[/url] [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kutE24zF56U[/url]

  4. #34
    Moderator trayhop123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    leicester
    Posts
    4,901
    i havent been tarnished from the sting of the relentless emotional roller coaster that the saddict has to endure .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McStreak View Post
    Thats where you have labelled gamblers as saddicts.


    that's not labeling ALL gamblers as saddicts.
    Last edited by trayhop123; 25-02-2012 at 08:41 PM.
    Little discipline = BIG issue

    **** ****

  5. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by trayhop123 View Post
    i havent been tarnished from the sting of the relentless emotional roller coaster that the saddict has to endure .



    that's not labeling ALL gamblers as saddicts.
    saddict, it not a term im that fam with

  6. #36
    Moderator trayhop123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    leicester
    Posts
    4,901
    i would consider a saddict means someone for who gambling is a compulsive obsession ,,,,,,,,, where almost every life decision is motivated by gambling

    if the average wage joe in the street , has family responsibility , family that relys on that wage to eat and survive etc ,,,,,,,,,,,, but he choses to bet it all away ,,,,,, thats a saddict . ,,,,,, the same can be said with drugs

    im not talking about single blokes with no dependants , ,,,, if their only hurting themselves , thats fine.
    Little discipline = BIG issue

    **** ****

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    england
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr McStreak View Post
    Thats where you have labelled gamblers as saddicts.

    Maverick made a good point, even playing machines professionally IS a gamble. We have a greatly enhanced chance of winning but it is still not without a small risk of losing, therefore it is gambling, whether you like it or not.
    I don't think it is gambling TBH because i know over the period of a year that I'm gonna win, surly its not gambling if you know your gonna win. But technically crossing the road is a gamble so i guess most things in life are a gamble!

  8. #38
    Moderator trayhop123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    leicester
    Posts
    4,901
    very good.
    Little discipline = BIG issue

    **** ****

  9. #39
    Moderator AMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cherry Phones
    Posts
    1,665
    It's just another business that exploits vulnerable people. I guess it's just the Wonga Way.

  10. #40
    Senior Member feeder22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1,370
    Picking holes.

    Lee you state your the none gambler type.

    Do you just spectate when you hold your 3card brag sessions?
    Did you fall into this way off life or like most of us took an intrest in machines and progressed from there?
    He isn't right of course, he just thinks he is.

  11. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,227
    Quote Originally Posted by feeder22 View Post
    Picking holes.

    Lee you state your the none gambler type.

    Do you just spectate when you hold your 3card brag sessions?
    Did you fall into this way off life or like most of us took an intrest in machines and progressed from there?
    You have to have some sort of gambling mentality to play machines......most of us supress the gambler inside and try and be professional in out approach to playing machines

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,227
    Its not like the 15 and 25 pound days when u were pretty much guarenteed a raise, its a lot harder now and i think there is more of a gambling element to playing stuff now. i believe our edge has decressed

  13. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    england
    Posts
    528
    Quote Originally Posted by maverick69 View Post
    You have to have some sort of gambling mentality to play machines......most of us supress the gambler inside and try and be professional in out approach to playing machines
    This is correct, i suppressed mine a few years ago, only occasionally have a punt on a 500 but only few quid.

  14. #44
    Moderator trayhop123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    leicester
    Posts
    4,901
    the 3 card brag seshion hapens maybe 3 times a year , ,,,,,,, i set a limit to how much i allow myself to gamble . ,,,,,,,, i make my own concious adult decision to gamble , and dont blame any outside influence's if i lose.


    how i got into this game is well documented elsewhere in this site ,,,,,,,,, i cant be arsed to re-write.

    but the nutshell of it is ,,,,,,,, i started on videogames in the arcades at 13-14 ,,,,,,,, progressed to fruits ,,,knew nothing ,,,,,, became a saddict lol ,,,,,, many times gamble'd the bus fayre home etc ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but got lucky meeting the right person (nigel) , who showed me the ropes , showed me how to make it pay etc ,,,,,,,, never looked back since.
    Little discipline = BIG issue

    **** ****

  15. #45
    Moderator AMK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Cherry Phones
    Posts
    1,665
    Just roll up with 50 bags Lee and stay blind.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •