Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in ..../includes/class_postbit.php(345) : eval()'d code on line 57
GOTY 2011

Thread: GOTY 2011

GOTY 2011

I think we have a few gamers on here, so everyone, what is your game of the year?

Mine is Skyrim.

Absolutely amazing game which has games within games and a radiant quest creator meaning there will always be summat to do within the game. Over 100 hours in and I've done everything bar the main quest and I'm not even bored!!! Very unlike me.

Guaranteed quality DLC too.

I used to be an adventurer.....

Banned
    Haven't played video games regularly since I was UK Champion at Virtua Fighter 3.

skyrim for me too i see it lasting me at least till next summer lol.

dragon shouts kick arse bigtime

skyrim ,,,,,,,,, like its predecessors fallout , oblivion ,,,,,,,,,,,, do look amazing ,,,,,,and i can appreciate the scope and technical achievement ,,,,,,,, but they arnt really for me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dont get me wrong i love a great adventure ,,,,,,,,,, but with more emphasise on action and less puzzles ,,,,,,,,, so the uncharted games are more my cup of tea ,,,,,,,,,,,,, i recommended skyrim to martin though as i knew he would love it ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, he is now a skyrim junkie lol .

i got uncharted 3 for xmas ,,,,,,,,,,, im gonna start it and goldeneye ,,,,,, after i finish rage

so my game of the year could change

but for now ,,,,,,,,,,, batman arkam city
    Little discipline = BIG issue

F1 2011,fifa12 or uncharted 3 for me

We've had some great games this year, favourites for me:

Portal 2. Beautifully polished game, full of fiendishly clever puzzles.
    Uncharted 3. More of the same in a great series. Close to a playable action movie!
    Resistance 3. Best of the year for me. Really into the first person shooters, and this plays perfectly, much better than all the cloned versions of COD. Single player is decent, multiplayer absolutely top notch.

well i fucked rage off for now.

played and completed (on normal) uncharted 3 ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, goty with no peer

the intricate plot twists , the graphics , the game play ,,,,,,,,, the action ,,,,,,,,,, the orchestral score,,,,,,,,

the capsising ship section , the freeruning chase sequence , ,,,,,,,, the horse riding catching up with trucks and jumping to and fro ,,,,,,, pure indiana jones lol ,,,,,,,,,,,, the desart sequence ,,,,,, mirages ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, hallucinating water ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and the airplane sequence just like timothy dalton james bond bit from the living daylights .

the shooting , the fighting ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, the vistas and camera angles

breath taking stuff.

if you look at the credits afterwards ,,,,,,,,,,,, there must be more than 300 people who worked on it , asside from voice casting ,,,,,,, animators , etc ,,,,,,,,,,, even the soundtrack was produced in 3 different countries including abby rd london .

propper hollywood budget production values throughout .

simply woth buying a playstation 3 for alone.

now then ,,,,,,, multiplayer co-op online

:P
    Little discipline = BIG issue

not that i have loads of time to game, but played skyrim on my brothers kids x box. awsome, kinda loose track of time though its weird

Skyrim for sure,

It's too mainstream, but MW3 has me hooked. Kill Confirmed or Drop Zone...!
    "And do you ever contradict yourself, Minister?" "Well, yes and no..."