PDA

View Full Version : nuts

Istenem
04-07-2006, 08:48 AM
i never read the comic because it makes us look as simple as those women who read hello and all that celebrity rubbish. but the game is half decent; the questions are actually interesting compared to some of the banal fact crunching stuff on most games and the winnings seem pretty good too.
i've had 6, 5 and a few 4s out of it. granted you normally only get 2 but even this is 300% profit.
the only bit i find tricky is the celebrity wordsearch, not finding the words but knowing the surnames of non-slebs;
top ten is woefully easy, pub ammo is common sense, the bonus round nearly always expedites you to the endgame and if you do get stuck it has a bullyesque bonus button.
overall it ticks all the boxes: element of fun, chance to win more than a quid, appeals to deadheads, on the front screen.

04-07-2006, 08:55 AM
I played it once and there was some jigsaw puzzle of half naked page 3 totty. I felt like a perv and haven't played it since.

Matt Vinyl
04-07-2006, 09:01 AM
Hmm, I can't see how that would stop most of us from playing it!!! :shock:

LOL

:)

Nil Satis
04-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Not the worst recent game by any means as you say, UP - from my limited number of games on it it feels a lot like TV Times but (at the moment at least) it seems to offer better prizes - I was given the four jigsaw pieces needed to complete all four magazine covers one after the other last week for a total prize of 10. Like the Lucy Pinder game however, you do feel a little self-conscious playing it in public!

Istenem
04-07-2006, 02:11 PM
doesn't bother me, i'm no prude. used to merrily play the old strip poker game. and they used to get their wizards' sleeves out on the screen. whenever i play the game from now on i will wear my big mac (the one with a hole in the waist pocket.)

i've not had all four covers but did have 3x2 (or maybe it was one two and three).

Matt Vinyl
04-07-2006, 02:38 PM
their wizards' sleeves

R-O-F-L-M-B-F-H-A-O !!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Barry Trotter
05-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Aesthetically. its good - as i wasn't a fan of TV times, i'm not particularly a fan of this. I can see its merits, and the Top Ten is so easy, even a chav could get it right 3 out of 10 times. I hope they meant it to be that easy ;)

The Covers For Cash round DOES seem fairer than TV times, which is to its advantage.

Hangmanfan
25-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Just dredging this topic back to save another Nuts one.

With the sheer tight-fistedness of most games these days, I feel Nuts is one of the only games worth playing. The payout frequency is so good you wonder why they haven't made an impossible Nuts 2. From day one to now it's always been a safe choice. You can't say that about many.

So I guess the point of my post is: play Nuts before it dies completely :)
You've been warned!!

Mattb
25-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Haha - excellent UP :P

I don't mind the nuts game either. You think they made it with the average nuts reader in mind? - ie caveman. Anyone who has a few braincells can do well out of it. Of course the end game is in the machines hands, and i've never seen more than 2 off it.

Nil Satis
26-02-2007, 11:38 AM
Obviously it's going to vary from pub to pub or area to area but I've found the Nuts game to have deteriorated considerably in the last couple of months, from one where you were pretty much guaranteed 3 to 4 from Covers to Cash to one where you either get really tricky skill games (in particular the one where you have to spot the location of three pieces of a picture, which now often gives a monochrome section of some part of the background), or you are given Exit in Covers for Cash before getting even 1, sometimes after only three or four picks.

I'm presuming it's programmed to clam up after a few smallish prizes have been taken, once again completely missing the point that carrying on offering decent prizes is the one thing that will keep people playing the thing!

grecian
27-02-2007, 09:22 AM
I agree that Nuts is one of the better recent games - to my mind it's still as good a payer as it ever was - impressed that people have JPed it as I'm not sure I've ever come near.

Is it just me or is there some funny business on the Pub Trivia (red) category? It's all true or falses so you'd expect to get them right 50 per cent of the time by guessing - but my average must be more like 10 per cent, in all seriousness.

Nil Satis
27-02-2007, 10:43 AM
There are some unbelievable answers to the Pub Trivia questions. Either they just make them up or they deliberately pick misleading or hard to believe facts. I suppose the correct tactic is to decide which answer you think is right then go for the other one every time!

grecian
27-02-2007, 11:52 AM
There are some unbelievable answers to the Pub Trivia questions. Either they just make them up or they deliberately pick misleading or hard to believe facts. I suppose the correct tactic is to decide which answer you think is right then go for the other one every time!

Maybe I'll try that and see where that gets me. I find it difficult to believe they're all true-but-misleading - I'm quite a collector of weird facts and trivia and I've had a fair number of PT questions where I've thought "odd - if that were true I'm surprised I hadn't read it before". Maybe they do make them up - or maybe it's programmed to say you're wrong regardless of your answer say, nine times out of ten (although I'm not sure any SWP programmer would stoop to an unethical device such as this).

Hangmanfan
28-02-2007, 11:59 AM
The Trivia/Pub Ammo part is easily the biggest obstacle in getting to the covers page. One such question: Only 8% of the money in the world is real money: true or false? Because of Monopoly money and obvious counterfeit money, I inclined towards pressing true, which happened to be correct. But obviously you only know that if you know that. I didn't. The programmers could have been cheeky by asking the same question but using "7%" as the figure, meaning it'd be false. I think therefore that yes they are tricky, but a good inkling on your behalf will put in a better position than most because they don't try to trick you :)

grecian
28-02-2007, 12:17 PM
Last night while playing Nuts I made a conscious decision to go with whatever I thought was the wrong answer on the Pub Ammo round - the result being that my success rate shot up to about 60-70 per cent! Perhaps it's just me being rubbish. My natural impulse would definitely have been "false" on the money question, I have to say.