PDA

View Full Version : Really simple question

Vidmar
24-05-2006, 03:10 PM
1 in the machine, game of Bully pays nowt, then onto Millionaire, 4 without breaking sweat.

Do you collect the 4, thinking it will never be so generous again?

Or

Do you keep playing thinking the hopper must be choked and ready to spurt? And do you stick with Millionaire or move around your preferred games?

Cheers.

24-05-2006, 04:20 PM
The VERY FIRST thing I do with average wins is collect the winnings, put them in my pocket and put a 50p in before thinking about what to play next. Larger wins of 15+ I wait to collect at the very end before making a sharp exit.

If I don't take the money out of the machine, I may feel tempted to use all the winnings as tokens for playing losing games, or may even feel psychologically indebted to the machine, especially if it seemed too easy to win, and consequently plough it all back in.

As for your particular example, I would play one more on Millionaire and one other on a popular game, to see if recent boneheadedness has made all the games easier.

QuizMaster
24-05-2006, 05:00 PM
If you've got to 4 on Millionaire without breaking sweat, you should sweat a little and try for the 10.

Don't go back to Millionaire once you've taken the 4. Play Bullseye until it goes to 601 or above (depending on what it's setting the Bull at) I tend to avoid it if the setting is 501 and the Bulls are all 25.

If Millionaires is offering 4 for a relatively low score, it's usually worth poking around the other Q & A games. Pub Quiz, Texas Hold'em Quiz and Hangman should all be worth a look. Usual rules apply though, of course.

Nil Satis
24-05-2006, 06:11 PM
onto Millionaire, 4 without breaking sweat

Was this old classic Millionaire or the new devil's spawn Millionaire 2006? The new one is only on ItBoxes if that helps.

For me, if it was the old Millionaire I would certainly carry on as long as it was still offering 2 for 32,000 points. If it was the new one I'd be thankful for 4 and would definitely play something else! Ironically I had my best run on one of the new ones as recently as Sunday, when instead of a continuous stream of spoilers it suddenly switched back to 'knowable' questions on about 3 and I got as far as 8 before losing on a tricky question, given the time you are allowed - Which of these countries is biggest in area? France, Kenya, Yemen, Madagascar. Not easy as I said but reasonably fair for that late in the game.

Vidmar
24-05-2006, 06:59 PM
It was on the new Millionaire, which as I've posted elsewhere, I'm finding quite generous. Similar to your experience, I only lost on a tricky but know-able music question.

Maybe the fatcats are starting to pay attention?

Or maybe not. :D