PDA

View Full Version : BrainTeaser

fotherz
16-05-2006, 06:55 PM
New addition to ItBoxes.

Easiest game ever. Dont think I've failed to reach a pound any more than 2 times out of 10.

Best so far - 6 with vbob.

Istenem
17-05-2006, 09:19 AM
it is easy but not as easy as when it was on test on paragons. it just takes so blooooooooooooooody long to win a quid and the spoilers on the (e.g.) L_ _ _ E quarter.

17-05-2006, 06:01 PM
Had some amusingly bad trivia questions on Brainteaser today:

CAPITAL SOUTH AMERICA

S_W__O

You guessed it: SOWETO!

MOUNTAINS

H_M____ES

Yes, the HIMALAYES :lol:

lukey89
24-07-2006, 09:54 AM
it DOES take a long time to get a 1...but had almost a 1 out of this machine everytime.

Never risked going much further than a 1 though as after getting up to the 6 letter word i still didn't see the end in sight.

24-07-2006, 10:44 PM
it DOES take a long time to get a 1...but had almost a 1 out of this machine everytime.

Never risked going much further than a 1 though as after getting up to the 6 letter word i still didn't see the end in sight.

Luke, the 2 quid mark tends to be around the end of the first pyramid (ie. at the seven or eight letter word). To get 3-6 quid, you need to motor through around 4 or 5 pyramids, which is quite an ask.

Cardinal Sin
25-07-2006, 08:10 AM
Forgive me for being a bit sceptical, but I can usually motor through the first 2 - 2.5 pyramids, and rarely see anything but a 1.

Istenem
25-07-2006, 08:44 AM
i'm with His Eminence here. occasionally i see 1 at the end of the first pyramid (when it is not right at the top)
but i've given up on it now because of interminable endgames with no prize prospect. could just be my area is full of brainiacs.

Mattb
25-07-2006, 08:51 AM
Nope, same here when i've played it. I've never got past one pyramid either, i normally cop out at the 6/7 letter word, as the 1 prize just never seems to increase.

The game where you rearrange the blocks of letters, and the one called 'Clued Up' are so easy though. Plus you get to see Alex Lovell! 8)

Matt

lukey89
25-07-2006, 08:59 AM
Luke, the 2 quid mark tends to be around the end of the first pyramid (ie. at the seven or eight letter word). To get 3-6 quid, you need to motor through around 4 or 5 pyramids, which is quite an ask.

Thanks for the advice VBob! I usually only use the game to recoup some losses and then put it back into Ant and Dec..but if i'm feeling particularly wordy i'll venture to the bottom of the pyramid. Cheers.

26-07-2006, 09:44 PM
This game seems to have been pulled completely from the itbox - too unpopular, too bummable or both?