PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with this IT-box?

Cardinal Sin
09-12-2006, 01:56 PM
Found this in Wetherspoons in Falkirk , never seen one like this before.

(Also got 1510 non-clearance in WU which has to be some sort of record)

Matt Vinyl
09-12-2006, 02:12 PM
Hmm, well at first glance it'd have to be that Noel's mush gets another appearance! Strange though, were there any other games on there? There's 3 IB's in the Sportz Bar around here, and almost every time I'm there, 2 or all 3 of them are knackered as in 'stuck' on a screen very similar to the one shown... :?

:)

Cardinal Sin
09-12-2006, 02:40 PM
A couple of other games like WordUp but that was about it.

leonardo1
09-12-2006, 04:53 PM
It seems to me that most machines have a connection to the main server but some only get the advice to remove games and aren't able to download new versions. e.g. After we killed off Football Crazy all the machines which were not obviously being updated still managed to remove FC. That doesn't really explain DOND being there though...

10-12-2006, 07:44 PM
I've seen quite a few itboxes around with lots of missing games.

Talking about odd itboxes, the machines in Birmingham have strange transparent, neon-lit, fascia add-ons, the likes of which we have never seen before. Are these de rigeur in the midlands or up north?

We also found an itbox in Coventry seemingly with about 10 new additions (including an antique-looking Catchphrase) and NO WORD UP!!! Say it ain't so!! :(

BJ2006
10-12-2006, 08:34 PM
Talking about odd itboxes, the machines in Birmingham have strange transparent, neon-lit, fascia add-ons, the likes of which we have never seen before. Are these de rigeur in the midlands or up north?

I think these may have originally been Fixed Odds Betting Terminals that have been converted into SWP's.

We also found an itbox in Coventry seemingly with about 10 new additions (including an antique-looking Catchphrase) and NO WORD UP!!! Say it ain't so!! :(

Did you notice if they had Spot the Difference Deluxe as opposed to STD2? Please say it is so!!

11-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Did you notice if they had Spot the Difference Deluxe as opposed to STD2? Please say it is so!!

I'm afraid that I didn't notice :( My mind was reeling after noticing WU's absence.

eng1neer
12-12-2006, 10:24 PM
i know why this is.

the router/adsl modem in the machine is faulty and is picking up and dropping the comms to main server also possible cable fault.

so when the m/c has updated its content it only gets drips and drabs of info.

this problem will be picked up on by the operator and hopefully fixed automatically.