PDA

View Full Version : leisure link non-payouts

cool
05-12-2006, 04:00 PM
On 3 occasions in the last two years I have been deprived of refunds by this company. The same cannot be said of Gamestec , I always get a refund from them. The system of refunds for non-payouts is a disgrace encouraging the employees of pub companies to be dishonest.I was owed 15 by a pub in Brighton. The landlady saw the screen saying it owed me the money and an engineer was called. Weeks later I was told that the machine indicated that it didnt owe me anything.What happenned is (a) the engineer dodgy (b) the publican dodgy pocketing the 15 or (c) the most likely-their system of checking , monitering and refunding the machines is rubbish. I will never know as they refuse to talk to me as the person that lost the money and the head office just give spurious reasons as to why they cannot talk to me. LEISURE LINK YOU SUCK!-LONG MAY PEOPLE SCREW YOUR MACHINES.

Istenem
05-12-2006, 04:28 PM
yeah this sucks big time but it isn't just LL. in my (albeit limited) experience it seems to be that smaller non-chain pubs are the worst for not honouring machines' IOUs regardless of terminal/supplier. this leads me to suspect that the staff are more likely to be the culprits than the engineers.

i always make a point of going back into places which have robbed me (rather than vice versa 8)) and explaining calmly to the manager that the engineer is clearly on the fiddle as i know what i'm doing and the iou wasn't honoured. all the time looking them straight in the eye. it is very easy to tell if you are dealing with a sticky-fingered oik. there are some shockingly immoral people out there and i tend to say "if the money were to show up, i trust i can rely on you to donate it to your favourite charity."

you never know they might have a conscience and i'm not going back in there out of principle.

Terry Tibbs
06-12-2006, 08:29 AM
This has been raised before i think. thing is, its not the companies fault. The publican is duty bound to refund any non payouts and then claim this back from the company at the end of the month. I asked my dad about this (publican) and its because they only rent and service machines, what goes in it isnt theirs so legally they arent allowed to give the cash back when there is a fault.

there are some dodgy pub owners who i assume dont report the problems hence keeping the cash in the machine for them later and those which tell you to contact teh company to get your money knowing that this is the easiest way to get you to leave without putting their hand in the till.

best thing i've seen done is to take a picture as evidence, when the publican tries to screw you show them the evidence and then go from there.

QuizMaster
06-12-2006, 09:36 AM
Your Pop is not quite correct there Doctor. He is right about fruit machines, (they are on rental and service contracts) but quizzers are classified differently and they can refund on them. In my experience, it is the landlords/staff on the rob 99% of the time

After the recent spate of Gamesnet fuck ups with money owing from almost every pub I've been to, I now have over 200 ashtrays as recompense. Morally dubious perhaps, but then the pubs won't need them next year so it's not really that bad is it?

They've now got a sparkly new 'Future of Entertainment' menu or some other bollocks with a silver background. And the fuckers are still going to that IOU screen!! Unbelievable.

Terry Tibbs
06-12-2006, 10:11 AM
Your Pop is not quite correct there Doctor. He is right about fruit machines, (they are on rental and service contracts) but quizzers are classified differently and they can refund on them. In my experience, it is the landlords/staff on the rob 99% of the time

After the recent spate of Gamesnet fuck ups with money owing from almost every pub I've been to, I now have over 200 ashtrays as recompense. Morally dubious perhaps, but then the pubs won't need them next year so it's not really that bad is it?

They've now got a sparkly new 'Future of Entertainment' menu or some other bollocks with a silver background. And the fuckers are still going to that IOU screen!! Unbelievable.

ah, i see

Cardinal Sin
06-12-2006, 12:11 PM
What in the name of Greek buggery are you going to do with 200 ashtrays?

UP might take them off your hands, I suppose.

QuizMaster
06-12-2006, 04:36 PM
1 a pop down the car boot

Cardinal Sin
06-12-2006, 05:46 PM
Who on earth would buy a second hand ashtray for 1?

Ernest W. Quality
06-12-2006, 06:42 PM
Only a publican who has had several of his ashtrays nicked recently.

Mattb
06-12-2006, 10:13 PM
A laboratory beagle might be interested?

They're on about 8 million a day aren't they? :wink:

eng1neer
10-12-2006, 09:35 AM
It is the sites responsibility to pay your claims etc. no matter what system,if any, they implement. as it is their takings that the claim is deducted from,fact. any engineer will pay a claim for whatever he is advised by the site/customer unless of course it is blatently a fraud or bullsh*t.

If the manager of a pub witnessed a win etc the onus is on them to pay you either up front or after an engineer visit.

the trouble is that too many players bullsh*t about claims i know the pro players (most people on this site) dont and its a pleasure to help you but its the pikeys that are spoiling it for you. therefore managers/suppliers will more often than not just not believe you.

Yes i am an engineer from a certain large supplier and work dam hard to get to sites quickly and get your machine up and running and authorise your claims so that the site can give you your money back. the job is made very hard though when you have some rat faced acne ridden chav trying to tell you he knows more about your job than you do. all thats gonna happen in that scenario is "claim not genuine" and see ya later off you go in your fake fiesta zetec S..!

Im not saying all suppliers are saints but i hope this helps next time you wanna fly off the handle at a supplier.

Rant over.......

[/b]

cool
10-12-2006, 09:49 AM
thanks for your reply Mr Engineer, but you dont address how the policy of the major companies encourages theft as at no point can the player access any information regarding the claim . The machine company and the publican enjoy a cosy relationship. If I have documentary evidence with a piece of paper having the managers signature on it I should get my 15 end of story. Its doubtful that the enginners ever dodgy , more likely the cash collectors. How many of those get sacked by Leisure Link every year by doing the machines?

Terry Tibbs
11-12-2006, 08:54 AM
thats the thing. rant at the operator but you wouldnt have a go at say, carlsberg if your pint was flat in the pub - you'd speak to the pub and get a new pint.

same principle i recon but if the pub manager knew he could get away with it i'm sure he'd say - "speak to carlsberg"

Istenem
11-12-2006, 09:37 AM
people who order carlsberg get exactly what they deserve: chemical slurry.
but that aside, it's a very good point Doctor. the swp/customer interface doesn't exist and i can't think of many other industries which operate like that.

Storm Lord
11-12-2006, 09:49 AM
i was refused a refund on my flat pint the other day. i shoulda taken an ash tray!!!

eng1neer
12-12-2006, 09:53 PM
Hi COOL

I think that thieving amongst pub owners/managers is pretty hard to get away with as most machine claims are made electronically now and cash doesnt change hands, the machines are so highly audited that any tea-leafing by cash collectors will show up although i guess where theres money there will be thiefs etc.

Anyway any news on your refund???? hope u get it back!

l8erz

cool
12-12-2006, 10:18 PM
Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately the head office did send me an E-mail saying that a claim was never submitted by that pub for 15! Strange that as like a Gamesnet when it doesnt payout it is not possible to erase the non-payout screen by switching the machine off and on in my experience. Im not having a go at engineers, its the procedure employed by the management at the company head office that Im objecting to. In fact when I see an engineer in a pub I normally strike up a conversation with them, something that I do not generally do with my quiz machine contemporaries (I save it for the forum).

eng1neer
12-12-2006, 10:47 PM
that is a bit wierd all faults and non payouts on itboxes are logged and the machine calls an engineer on its own giving the non payout amount info directly. this is because pub managers are not efficient enough at calling us out on their own,as you well know.

think your gonna have to swallow this one mate and not play there again if i were you..lol

if i were in your area i would get the site in trouble with their H.O on your behalf is it wetherspoons by any chance?

cool
13-12-2006, 10:09 AM
no its a small company based in Burnham Breeches nr Slough, cant remember its name as I threw their card away in anger!

eng1neer
13-12-2006, 07:36 PM
:D

cool
13-12-2006, 10:37 PM
dug it out the bin! INTERPUB own the pub. pub address Delphi Coleman (manager) Belushi's St Christophers 10-12 Grand Junction Road Brighton BN1 1PN.