PDA

View Full Version : take off that horrible mask, hallowe'en was ages ago

Istenem
05-12-2006, 08:28 AM
seems the twitbox has launched its new release a little late.
battleshits clone where you are in a graveyard and have to dig up a skellington (2x3, two 1x4s, two 1x3s, 1x1) to win a quid. plays exactly as you'd imagine.

also a spooky cluedo clone with a few stylish touches but, you guessed it, the prize structure is cf. DOND/CStreet etc. not exactly the same but similar. it is quite (emphatic quite) playable but i can't see much money from it. also one of the skill games involving a bat is very good.

they also have swedish toni's bingo game and some other crossover but unfo' CStreet has gone. at least WU is still there.

grecian
05-12-2006, 09:01 AM
Pity about Corrie - I really enjoyed that, although it was never much of a payer in my experience.

Istenem
05-12-2006, 10:23 AM
i found corrie good for 4 80% of the time, once i worked out to use the free guesses other people left for me.

also a friend of mine was banging on about a battle of britain game he'd played? anyone? is he confused by risk?

QuizMaster
05-12-2006, 11:39 AM
Corrie is always god for skanking the odd 3 left by unsuspecting punters. There was a Battle of Britain game out there somewhere - can't remember if I saw it on Paragon or an INDE. It was shite as I recall.

Nil Satis
07-12-2006, 11:02 AM
seems the twitbox has launched its new release a little late.
battleshits clone where you are in a graveyard and have to dig up a skellington (2x3, two 1x4s, two 1x3s, 1x1) to win a quid. plays exactly as you'd imagine.

also a spooky cluedo clone with a few stylish touches but, you guessed it, the prize structure is cf. DOND/CStreet etc. not exactly the same but similar. it is quite (emphatic quite) playable but i can't see much money from it. also one of the skill games involving a bat is very good.

I've had a go at both and (guess what?) they are both complete crap! Both seem based on the 'Crazy Golf 2' principle i.e. take a game that isn't exactly easy anyway but at least offers a reasonable challenge and a reasonable chance of a win and make it so much harder that it's pointless even bothering with it.

The difference between the skeleton game (Can U Dig It or something like that) and Battleships is that you don't get the advantage of the empty squares around a completed ship (or in this case a completed bone) being cleared so to win the prize, which on the games I had was a maximum of 4, you are looking at answering 80-100 questions every time as you basically are going to have to check all or nearly all the squares in the grid. There are bound to be spoilers soon enough as no games company will want you to have a game which last 10-15 minutes on average.

As for the Halloween/Cluedo hybrid, if you get as far as the money game you'll realise it's basically been made 6 times as hard to win - each prize is in a separate 'room' and each room has 6 keys that might open the door, and you only get to pick one at a time. You are therefore going to have visit each room multiple times and probably write down the wrong answers (I didn't get to visit the same room twice so don't know if your previous incorrect guesses are eliminated). You only get to visit the rooms on the 'inner ring' of two, in an idea that has been borrowed from various fruit machines, and so you aren't even guaranteed to stay at the level where you may access rooms - you can get sent back out to the outer ring. There *may* be a chance to get the equivalent of the six bonus suspects but given the current state of things, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Words never fail me (as you might have noticed :wink: ) but I nearly had to make an exception in the case of these two...

BigEd
07-12-2006, 08:28 PM
Went to http://www.itbox.com/

Title bar and Blue screen of nothing.

pressed link to home, which took me to
http://www.itbox.com/index.php?p=1

and guess what?

Title bar and Blue screen of nothing.

Seems very fitting :D

Cardinal Sin
07-12-2006, 09:35 PM
Who is the wrestler on your avatar BigEd?

He looks fearsome

BigEd
08-12-2006, 07:34 PM
It's an American Weightlifter actually.
You definatley don't want to get into an argument with him as he is built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

08-12-2006, 08:17 PM
It's an American Weightlifter actually.
You definatley don't want to get into an argument with him as he is built like the proverbial brick outhouse.

Just wait until he's asleep, and he won't even be able to answer back. 8)

Istenem
09-12-2006, 01:14 PM
also 100 to one which i understand is a lotto spinoff.
the game is pretty basic. guess what the endgame is. :roll:

BigEd
09-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Just wait until he's asleep, and he won't even be able to answer back. 8)

Trust me, you will just make him angry. It's like the old age question, will skill beat brute strength? In this case you can skillfully punch him all you want, as he rips you limb from limb :)

Nil Satis
11-12-2006, 10:38 AM
I've had a go at both and (guess what?) they are both complete crap! Both seem based on the 'Crazy Golf 2' principle i.e. take a game that isn't exactly easy anyway but at least offers a reasonable challenge and a reasonable chance of a win and make it so much harder that it's pointless even bothering with it.

The difference between the skeleton game (Can U Dig It or something like that) and Battleships is that you don't get the advantage of the empty squares around a completed ship (or in this case a completed bone) being cleared so to win the prize, which on the games I had was a maximum of 4, you are looking at answering 80-100 questions every time as you basically are going to have to check all or nearly all the squares in the grid. There are bound to be spoilers soon enough as no games company will want you to have a game which last 10-15 minutes on average.

Just to prove I can admit when I'm wrong, thanks to QuizMaster's prompting I had another go or two at Can U Dig It at the weekend and I was wrong about the issue of the empty squares around completed bones not being filled in - that does happen. I still found the game very poor though, especially with 1 regularly being offered as the top prize. This one really suffers in any comparison to the original Battleships (i.e. not the pale spoiler-heavy imitation that still hangs around like a bad smell).

I haven't changed my mind on the Halloween/Cluedo game though - it really is rubbish, but sadly the pretty pictures and 'fun' gameplay will probably see gangs of punters and drippy couples wanting to play this one when you want to get on to play the few remaining REAL games left. Oh, and as for Crazy Golf 2, that one is definitely in the Top 5 worst games of all time and if you disagree with me you can take it up with BigEd's weight-lifter...

:wink: