PDA

View Full Version : super dooper bullseye

Istenem
04-09-2006, 02:11 PM
on the new 18-game paragon, in addition to papa bully there is a scion with added bully's special prize (post-endgame which costs an additional 50p).
it is good. you have a caricature jim bowen muttering catchphrases and a ghostly tony green crying "it's a bulls-eye". gameplay is exactly the same but there has been an overhaul in the graphics to give an even more comicky theme.

it is as easy as ever to get through the first two rounds but the endgame appears to have got tighter i only got 1 each time. the first time i gambled for 101 or more in six (three) darts, one of my darts was a bounceout so i lost the 1. second time i got the 101 and bully's special prize was... ... one pound. so i won a mighty prize of 2, the speed was at the top setting from the old version but didn't seem to cheat wildly. i don't mind paying an extra 50p to go for the gamble but it strikes me that you are now paying 1 for the same all-but guaranteed 2 prize. it is well designed and is sure to appeal to casual players, can't see it being a moneyspinner though.
one thing which made me smile was when the bowen cartoon said "it'll take me a while to count out the money" like he did before the adverts on television. nice touch.

obviously these are just my initial thoughts on a strawpoll of two games; any thoughts anyone?

tka
04-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Nope. You lost me after "scion"

Istenem
05-09-2006, 08:51 AM
scion is just an offshoot, like a plant clipping which grows into a new plant.
i'm boycotting itboxes now so only playing on paragons and gamesnets but i've not seen the new bullseye apart from that one pub.

Istenem
04-10-2006, 04:10 PM
i've played this maybe ten times and (notwithstanding the couple of times i've cocked it up) each time the bully's star prize gamble has yielded exactly one picture of The Queen. But on the other hand i have only hit the wire once in the supplementary game so it doesn't appear to cheat.

the prizes achievable in the normal first game are not always 1 though, i've had 4 (i refused the effective gamble of 4.50 to 5 on that go).

it seems to be just as profitable as the older bully (i.e. not very, but reliable for a few quid).

QuizMaster
04-10-2006, 04:17 PM
I'm quite a fan of this new version. The munters keep getting ripped off by the rigged extra 50p gamble, which keeps the machines in a tasty mood for me.

Never touch the gamble. Just conk 4's out the main game, which is an improvement on the previous 2's I was winning.

foxy
04-10-2006, 05:40 PM
i've only managed a quid so far which gambles to 2 each time.is this set in stone or are other amounts possible.
similarly if you gamble more than a quid does it double or merely add another pound on?