PDA

View Full Version : Take It or Leave It

Matt Vinyl
01-08-2006, 09:04 AM
What a load of old pony...! Obviously a rip off of 'beardies' 'game'. I had three or four games yesterday and answered pretty much all the questions each time (apart from the odd spoiler of course) but didn't get offered one, er, offer throughout. How on earth do you win, no, at least get your 50p back on this? :|

:)

Barry Trotter
01-08-2006, 09:23 AM
It is a VERY poor rip off of DOND i'm afraid.
I was playing this the other day - first time i'd seen it - and i was getting offers, but even though i had nearly all the high value boxes left (i only had 35p and 30p below 2), it was offering me 15p, and other really low values. Also, you have no idea when you're going to get an offer, which rather than ADD to the excitement, actually takes away from it. When you knock out the 20 box, you don't have to answer any more questions, you just pick boxes until you end up with a prize. Needless to say, i ended up with 30p.

Not a fan, i'm afraid. I'd rather play Countdown - which i actually rather like :)

Mattb
01-08-2006, 09:39 AM
All the tidy beard haters will be in their element then :wink:

Matt

ZAX
01-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Yeah- total rip off to be avoided. Being offered 40p from the off despite all the boxes, got down to four boxes left- 10, 7, 6, and 35p, and the bankers still offering me 40p. Guess which one my box was. Won't be playing again.

Istenem
01-08-2006, 10:19 AM
i've never seen an offer, never seen the 20 box go and never finished a game on this. the final straw was being told that i was wrong to say bruschetti was not a bread. 1 went into the itbox coffers and that is all this game is getting off me.

very poor.

Demmerz
01-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Shocking game, and as Barry Trotter has already commented, it's a total, utter, shameless copy of Deal Or No Deal.

Very poor game play indeed.

Matt Vinyl
01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Thanks for confirming my fears. Take it or leave it? I think most of know the answer to that then! :)

:)

WaterGate
02-08-2006, 08:15 AM
Since when does everyone suddenly become a death bringer to rip-offs! Most, if not all, games are rip-offs of one game or another, so whats so important about DOND for fooks sake. As I said before, you're obviously all bellfruit puppets with shameful promotion ideals. Atleast my dislike for the game is becuase I can't stand the tv show because of noel tidybeard. :P

Nil Satis
02-08-2006, 01:42 PM
It's the shocking standard of the game that people are objecting to, the fact that it's a rip-off of the Noel Edmonds game being just a side issue really - if it was a good game then no would mind that it was a rip-off of another game.

I played the game once, it was rubbish and I 'won' 10p back for my 50p stake and hard work in answering 20 questions correctly. Never again!

cool
02-08-2006, 01:54 PM
Its a total pile of poo.you could win every go and still be out of pocket!

Istenem
02-08-2006, 01:59 PM
i saw an itbox which had DOND on the idle front screen earlier.
pressed more games and TIOLI had been relegated to page two.

wasn't playing as was going to a meeting and taking a shortcut through a pub so no idea how it plays c.f. gamesnet

foxy
09-08-2006, 10:52 PM
I'm not going to add one original point to this thread but having played this for the first time yesterday I feel compelled to add to the chorus of contempt for this utterly dismal effort.
It's not often I can dismiss something completely after 50p(I did get 10p of it back funnily enough-damn should have taken the 20p) but this could go straight into the worst machines of all time.Except no-one will remember it in 6 months.
P.S This was my first itbox venture in a few months-how utterly depressing.Do some of you really play these things for fun?/profit????

Nil Satis
10-08-2006, 06:15 PM
P.S This was my first itbox venture in a few months-how utterly depressing.Do some of you really play these things for fun?/profit????

foxy - you are dead right about ITBoxes. I've said in other threads how I can't believe how far they have gone downhill from two or three years ago when they were an essential reason to visit a pub to now where there are probably only two or three games left worth playing out of the 25 or so on there. It's a shame as they are very prevalent around me but most of the time they are not worth even crossing a pub to play.

In general I'm sensing it's time to start moving gracefully into retirement from any serious playing of the machines...

:(

Istenem
11-08-2006, 08:49 AM
have to say i'd agree with you NS.
my forte is the word games but once i have done a particular shitbox for WU/TT it is not worth going back for a long time (that is if you are looking from a profiting standpoint). as for the other games, i just don't find them as engaging as other cabinets, say what you will about paragon but i'd sooner win a couple of quid from six games than 12 from wwtbam. also ind:e seem to have been raising their game lately.