PDA

View Full Version : drippy couple

Istenem
20-07-2006, 11:42 AM
last night i was having some pints with a comedy german. when i arrived a drippy couple were playing wwtbam and when i left after six pints they were still on it having put about 50 through with no obvious wins. he periodically went to the bar for more drinks and change (or just change)
all the way through they would give each other a peck on the cheek for a particularly impressive guess.
from peeks i sneaked they were playing a lot of bedazzled which beggars belief.

still was interesting to watch who will be paying for my night out tonight.

Terry Tibbs
20-07-2006, 03:24 PM
so it appears that love is stupid as well as blind...

Nil Satis
20-07-2006, 05:08 PM
Excellent spot, UP, definitely a true 'drippy couple', and as the one who coined that neologism on here (http://fruitchat.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=3654) I feel a sense of paternal pride that the species I named can still be spotted in the wild.

:wink:

I had a similar experience on a rare midweek day off recently, when I visited an out of the way pub where there is a Gamesnet, hoping to grab lunch then have a few leisurely games. There were two girls and a guy playing when I arrived and an hour later after I'd finished lunch and read the paper they were STILL playing. 90% of their games were on old-style Cluedo which does give you a decent run for your money with usually a couple of rooms visited per game for most players (even though actually winning any decent prize only happens when the game decides to give you the prize and not before!). This I presume meant they felt they were getting value for money for the 30-odd quid they pumped into it just in the time I was there.

I gave it another 15/20 minutes before giving up and heading off to the next town. I did however pop back in there on my way home and took their money out of the machine - it does become somewhat personal in those circumstances, don't you find?