PDA

View Full Version : New Bingo game

Vidmar
19-07-2006, 04:19 PM
You get a bingo card, and the comp draws balls. Obviously the object to cross off all your numbers. Balls include time bonuses, time penalties and the starred ball, if you collect 5 you are playing for the 40 jackpot.

As each ball is drawn you either accept it or reject it, depending on whether it's on your card. The faster you do it, the more likely you are to cross off all your numbers.

Most interesting aspect is that the card doesn't change unless someone wins over 5. I had about 4 goes today and by the end of the fourth had pretty much memorised the card so was able to reject balls very quickly and walked away with 6 for 2 lines. I also activated the jackpot 3 times, although you need a full house for that.

Enjoyable game, and possibly learnable.

Anyone else seen it? Was on a widescreen Paragon.

Matt Vinyl
19-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting! Is the only thing that stops you getting the JP 'time'? Or do you have to memorise the card you have before you start selecting / rejecting numbers?

:)

Vidmar
19-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Hmm, sounds interesting! Is the only thing that stops you getting the JP 'time'? Or do you have to memorise the card you have before you start selecting / rejecting numbers?

:)

The card is on the screen the whole time so you don't need to memorise it to play, but obviously you are never going to win more than 1 for one line unless you can accept/reject balls very quickly, rather than having to waste precious seconds checking every time a ball is drawn.

Every ball from 1-90 - and the bonuses - are floating around at the top of the screen so yes, the only thing that stops you getting 40 every go is the time, with infinate time every ball will eventually be drawn.

My only gripe is sometimes, between balls being drawn there is a slight delay. No more than 1.5 seconds, but enough to throw you off your stride. Also in order to win anything more than 2 lines (prize varies, I got 6 but have seen it as high as 15) you really do need to get both time bonuses. Obviously it's up to the comp when/if to give you these so.. meh.

QuizMaster
19-07-2006, 04:29 PM
It's been around for a couple of years as a standalone in arcades/piers etc. (1 a go then - 2 for a tournament which lasted forever).

Good luck with 'learning' that Bingo card. You'll need it.

darcle
19-07-2006, 04:34 PM
We have just got this back in my local for the fourth time in 18 months. Its on a machine with a pool game and The Addams Family Pinball game, but the bingo is by far the best of the 3.

Vidmar
19-07-2006, 04:34 PM
It's been around for a couple of years as a standalone in arcades/piers etc. (1 a go then - 2 for a tournament which lasted forever).

Good luck with 'learning' that Bingo card. You'll need it.

As I say, the card only changes once in a while and only contains 15 numbers so it's not too difficult, unless you know something I don't...?

2, 11, 18, 24, 29, 34, 35, 40, 49, 54, 62, 75, 78, 85, 87. I've got that embedded in my brain now.

Cardinal Sin
19-07-2006, 08:46 PM
It's different for every machine surely?

Barry Trotter
20-07-2006, 04:02 PM
The card is different for every machine, and the card changes once someone wins 5 or more. If you're very quick at rejecting the numbers, you "miracolously" end up with all the numbers you need bouncing around at the end, and no balls landing in the hole. I've waited for over 5 seconds for one to land in the hole before. For all its faults though, its still quite addictive.... although i prefer Fruit Frenzy.

I also prefer shaving my pet goat. But thats another story :)

Vidmar
26-07-2006, 09:14 PM
Another 6 squid out this tonight.

I'd also like to point out that in the two pubs I've played it in, the cards have been identical.